No longer available Mesa Boogie PowerHouse Standard 4x12 Bass Speaker Cabinet

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by blong1, Apr 19, 2022.

1. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    Price:
    United States
    Excellent condition. Has lived in a Road Hawg road case most of it's life.

I'm just too old to lug this around anymore.

ITS A BEAST!

4ohm
    1200W

They are hard to come by now-a-days. I had to drive to Maryland to purchase it...but I wanted it damnit :D. Drove 12 hrs, played through it for about 15 minutes, loaded it up and drove back home.

That was a long day!!

The road case has a few marks, but that's what its for...to keep that cab clean. It was custom made by Road Hawg RoadHawg Custom Cases. The owner is the drummer for the country band Confederate Railroad. I actually drove to his house in Chattanooga with the cab, left it with him, and drove back to get it pick it up 3 weeks later...custom fit.

Includes cabinet and road case. Not interested in trades of any kind.

Going to Ebay for $1800...so get it here...lol.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    kranahan, pisces_bass, BCook and 4 others like this.
  2. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    It’s…so beautiful…

Good luck with the sale!

FFEJY and blong1 like this.
  3. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove If it feels heavy, it's heavy. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Mountains
    When you need to murder people with sound waves, accept no substitutes...

FFEJY, GTx2, roborend and 2 others like this.
  4. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    Obnoxiously loud :laugh:

FFEJY and Grahams Groove like this.
  5. roborend

roborend Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Rock Island Illinois
    That is beautiful

FFEJY and blong1 like this.
  6. Saetia

Saetia Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I've been searching for one of these local for a long time. Wish I could get down to Alabama. Hmmmm. Might have to put my subway 15's up and make a trip. GLWS. This is a special cab.

blong1 and FFEJY like this.
  7. Maku021

Maku021 Do I Dare... Disturb the Universe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2021
    Chicagoland
    PM sent

8. FFEJY

FFEJY

Jun 14, 2021
    Ah, the glory days of Boogie.

They are an entirely different company now as far as their bass mindset goes.

They have done a complete 180 from their dominating Powerhouse crushing amplifier mentality into a kinder, gentler, easier, lighter, simpler, more polite, less menacing, and frankly inoffensive "bass appliance" approach.

Kinda like when your grandpa finally traded in his 1971 442 for a 2003 Oldsmobile Alero.

You get the idea.

Mesa will never make anything like this again.

David McIntire, blong1 and ironworm like this.
  9. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    I ran it with an MB Titan v12 head...absolutely destroyed any guitar player on stage...lol.

40671501_2373840729309080_3015540991433113600_n.jpg

biggredd, Johnny Fingers and FFEJY like this.
  10. FFEJY

FFEJY

Jun 14, 2021
    Btw...where in Abalama are you?

11. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    North Alabama...about 45 min southwest of Huntsville

12. BCook

BCook Supporting Member

This model cab was by far the finest bass cabinet I ever used, back before I foolishly sold it off in pursuit of I cannot even remember what. Highly, highly recommend (I’m way too far away in Michigan to come get it myself).

gh0st42, FFEJY and blong1 like this.
  13. CJC6

CJC6 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2020
    I had one of these for a couple years paired with a Mesa M2000 and it was awesome! I regret selling it.

blong1 likes this.
  14. gh0st42

gh0st42 Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Colorado
    LOL I'm seeing discussion of this exact cab and it's Reverb listing popping up on a couple Facebook groups as well.
    Got a few people considering moving so they can buy it!

Really regretting not being able to snag one that showed up here in my city a few years back at the insanely low price!:crying:

Showed up right after being completely tapped out on cash, and sold the day before I got paid.

Someday Powerhouse 412... Someday!

blong1 likes this.
  15. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    I've gotten alot of traffic on this but location seems to be the problem.

And after seeing all the comments by people on here and other sites...I'm considering keeping it. I know it's a rare cab, but people act like it's the holy grail...lol.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
    Saetia, gh0st42 and Grahams Groove like this.
  16. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove If it feels heavy, it's heavy. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Mountains
    Fair to feel that pre-emptive sellers remorse. That said, if you don't have (m)any applications where you can push a 4x12 that slams, it's kind of a novelty at that point...right?

I say this as a dude who showed up to a handful of gigs in/after college with a Mesa Diesel 4x10 + 1x15 stack. Needless to say, the people running sound were not as impressed as I was.

blong1 and gh0st42 like this.
  17. gh0st42

gh0st42 Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Colorado
    I'm sure!

And shipping that beast has got to be crazy $$$!

IMHO if you have any doubts, don't sell it.

I've sold MANY MANY instruments and pieces of gear that I have regretted tremendously over the years.

This is one of those pieces that you will almost certainly regret parting ways with, and will be borderline impossible to get another down the road if you change your mind.

If you have found something that is a better fit for you already, by all means, carry on!

But if you are selling for a "maybe better", I'd make sure first! :)

kranahan and blong1 like this.
  18. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    This is actually the second time I've own a 412. I sold the first one years ago and had remorse. Several years later I found another one and purchased. I have a MB PH 212 and 115 that is much more manageable and only use the 412 for outside summer gigs.

I'm not looking to sell to find something else...its just a monster and is hell transporting to gigs.

But yes...pre sale remorse is kicking in :D

kranahan and Grahams Groove like this.
  19. Maku021

Maku021 Do I Dare... Disturb the Universe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2021
    Chicagoland
    It is a great cab and for those like me that want another to add to their existing 4x12 cab we wait for the right opportunity (time, distance, and cost) and when we see it we try and snag it. There are many of these on the West Coast but shipping is killer and the drive is even more painful $$. I have also (4) Mesa powerhouse 2x12 cabs and (1) Mesa custom 2x12 that is blue tolex (serial 0001). I would rather just take (2 ) 4x12 cabs rather than (4) 2x12 cabs when I do bigger shows.

gh0st42 likes this.
  20. Bassi5t

Bassi5t

Jul 18, 2017
    San Diego
    I hear you! I knew nothing of Mesa till the Subway stuff. I got the WD and 210/115 liked it but it was missing something… moved into the 212 and a Prodigy and, oh baby!

I have been coveting this cab since I learned of its experience. I am so sad you are not in Southern California. My search continues. GLWTS

FFEJY likes this.