Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa-Boogie Questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alexander, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I have been looking at getting a Mesa Walkabout with one 2x10 and one 1x15 cabinet. Had a few questions for you Boogie owners out there (other assistance welcome also...). Here goes (in no particular order)

One of my big issues right now is finding a light-weight, compact rig. This is very important and one of the reasons this rig caught my eye. I know the head is light, but what about the cabs? I've tried to research this, but haven't been able to get any real specs. Are the cabs 40lbs a piece? 60? what?

Second is volume. I play with a moderately loud classic rock band and need to be heard with no problems. I've been playing a Nemesis 4x10 and it gets the job done. I'm assuming this rig will as well. Am I right on this?

Third (and most importantly) is tone. I am real happy with the tone I'm getting now (I play with a Warwick Thumb 4) as it is tight, punchy, growls, etc. I don't want to lose this. Ideas?

I've tried searching the forums and have not found answers to these. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. I have the 15, and 2x10 you speak of (assuming it's the new powerhouse series?), and find it rather easy and light to carry around when compared to other cabs of this size. My Drummer just agreed with me when he said it's not that bad to carry! (Keep in mind that I'm talking about only one person to a cab!)

I love the tone of these cabs. Why else would I have bought them. (compared to Ashdown, Eden, SWR, GK, and Peavey)

I personaly have the M-pulse 360. I don't think that the 60 watts less, that the walkabout has, will make that great of a differance in volume. I have found myself completely satisfied with the volume and presence of this rig, even in large outoor festival situations.

But if you can try it first, that would be best!:D