1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Mesa Boogie Strategy Eight:88 rackmount amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by sleeplessknight, Nov 29, 2016.

1. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Price:
    Reluctantly selling my epic Mesa Boogie Strategy Eight:88 rackmount amp. 465 furious watts of (selectable!) all-tube goodness, in a 4U rackmount 50-lb package. Amp is in excellent condition - I'm the second owner, it's lived its entire life protected in a rack. There are two super tiny scuffs on the front top edge (see photos, bottle-cap for scale), but otherwise this amp is cherry. Full specs available here: Bass Strategy Eight:88 | MESA/Boogie®

I love the sound of this amp and its blue tubey glow, it's just too damn much for me. Oodles of EQ options, the selectable wattage (465-ish, 250-ish, 150-ish) is a killer feature. If you can't find a tone you like in this unit, it probably doesn't exist. I will ship anywhere in the CONUS, and will cover the first $100 of shipping/insurance. Everything after that is on the buyer.

Edit: Amp will ship in a like-new 4U SKB Roto-case - $200 value!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    smperry and TalHaz like this.
  2. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Long Beach, California
    Roger Guitars
    What are your options for a trade?

3. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    I'm generally open to 'cool stuff', plus or minus cash as appropriate. Feel free to PM me!

4. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

How many rack spaces?

5. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Four furious rackspaces, and the amp is worth every inch!

6. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Price drop...

7. sleeplessknight

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Sold locally.

8. Alec Jo

Alec Jo

Jan 28, 2017
    It's mine now. There is no other amp made that can compete with this head. It runs all 4 of my Mesa cabs