1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa boogie Subway bass Di (preamp out/Di out)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 5 tringer, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Hi i have just purchased the Mesa Boogie Subway bass preamp. I would just like the heads up on a few things and yes i did read the manuel and understand the controls/inputs and outputs etc. But i just need a little more clarity on certain features has this is the first time using this pedal.

1. PREAMP OUT XLR - is it possible to send this signal to FOH? Reason being the preamp is being posted and im only using in ears on stage and no amp. I would like my sound/tone coming through FOH.

2. DI OUT XLR - is the preamp being posted to FOH when i switch the source indicator switch to POST EQ? OR is it just the 4 band eq being posted? .... (preamp and 4 band eq is the same thing?) If the Di does post the preamp to FOH then theres no need for point 1.

For those who have this unit please advise.
    Thank you

2. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    PREAMP OUT is line level. It is affected by all the controls. Typical use would be connecting to a power amp or powered speaker. If you want to send this to FOH, be sure to ask the sound guy if line level is okay!!

DI OUT is microphone level. With the switch set to PRE it is not affected by any of the controls except active/passive. With the switch set to POST it is affected by all the controls except Master. Typical use would be connecting to FOH.

(I got all of the above info from the manual.)

DI OUT with the switch set to PRE will make most sound guys happy. But you also have the option to send them a POST signal, or even a line level signal (from the PREAMP OUT) if they prefer. :)

3. @Mushroo thanks alot for that explanation it makes it much more clearer now. Not that i didnt understand the manuel just wanted to know if the preamp out could be sent FOH but you have explained it well. Thank you. Cant wait to try this Preamp. Thanks again.