1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Mesa Boogie Subway Preamp/DI

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Barisaxman, May 17, 2018.

1. Barisaxman

Barisaxman Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    Price:
    $175
    Been using my POD almost exclusively as of late, so I'm going pass along this outstanding product to another user. This is do-it-all solution for a pedal based preamp that gives you all of the fantastic tone of the Subway series amps (which I've also owned) in a pedal. I used this in conjunction with a Crown xls1502 (also for sale) into my Fender Neo 610 with great success. The separate XLR outputs for the DI and to feed the power amp are a solution not provided by most all other products of this type. Unit is in great condition, has velcro on the bottom. Will include the original packaging.

$175 shipped. Mesa Subway.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    movinngruvin likes this.
  2. Can this be used as a preamp into an amp head? I have an EA iAmp500, and sometimes it needs some color.

3. Can this be used as a preamp into an amp head? I have an EA iAmp500, and sometimes it needs some color.

4. Barisaxman

Aug 17, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    Certainly it can. You have a couple options with that combination. You could preserve the preamp section of the EA by using the preamp out on top of the subway (the "thru" out on the side is a complete bypass of the preamp circuit) and going into the input of your EA as normal. Or, if you wanted just the Mesa tonality it looks like the EA has an effects return right on the front that you could use, which would allow the Mesa to be your preamp and the EA to essentially be a power amp to drive your cabs while providing a great sounding DI if you're patching into a PA.

5. Is it still available? Is it shipping with tracking? Tks

6. Barisaxman

Aug 17, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    I can ship with tracking provided, but for international I'll have to get a quote and add the cost on.

7. Barisaxman

Aug 17, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    SOLD!