Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Boogie V-Twin, soundclips with bass.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Toasted, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I know a couple of you guys have V-Twins. Does any of you kind souls (or eveil souls, i don't care) have and soundclips or full band tunes with a v-twin, a bass, and a bass amp?

If noone posts, I'll hunt you down and annoy you via PM ;)

Cheers

Toasted.

2. ratzpaul

ratzpaul

Aug 19, 2004
    Europe
    yeah, I'd be interested in that one too!

3. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Boo, misleading thread title! :spit: :(

I thought you had some clips to share.

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'll have to check my other computer, but I believe I have some clips somewhere.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    What he said!

PS: If you do find some send them my way. I already have an RBI, Guv'nor, and Sparkle Drive, plus a PSA-1 and a Rat II on the way, but I love overdrive so I want to try out more.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah, ive got the DS-04, Prunes + Custard, FT BassDrive, and the drive channel on my EBS microbass II.... must... have... more.

To you people with soundclips; get them posted, or im going to come and harrass you by pm. You wont like me when ive had to do 20 mins searching to find your name ;)

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Does the Prunes + Custard count? Isnt that a synth? I also run my Eden preamp so that its always slightly distorted, and might be getting a Mesa Boogie 400+ for really nice overdrive souinds.

I think Ben Strange might have some clips. Ill ask him next time I see him online.

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Yeah ive already harrassed him, Nick. He said he;d see what he could do :)

P+C is an EV and a Distro in the same box, and it creates synth sounds when theyre both engaged (blended together). When you run the blend maximum one way or another you get either EV or OD :)

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Off topic:

Do you have a tube screamer style distortion?

I run my Deep Impact on bank 6 (only slightly edited) with a Sparkle Drive set almost full on for a really crazy "helicopter comming to kill you" kind of choppy synth. I like to run my Phase 90 after it for a bit more grit and phatness.

You might want to try something similar.

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Ill try it when i get back to the majority of my gear in a few weeks. [Easter break], Ive only got my Bass and my EBS Microbass here :)