1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout 12" combo - price drop!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by KevinMG, Oct 7, 2017.

1. KevinMG

KevinMG Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Price:
    $700
    Mesa Walkabout Scout 12" combo (4 ohm). Purchased new in 2004 and stored in my smoke free home. It's in excellent condition. Primarily used at low volume in the house. It's been taken out for a couple of casual jams but never gigged. Please note, this is an early model Scout that does not have the player control network crossover switch.

Had the warranty updates performed on the head some time ago (2008?) by Central Jersey Music Service.
    • Converted dual input jacks to single input with an active/passive switch
    • Effects bypass switch on back
    • I believe a fan update was done to use a newer fan that is temperature controlled to keep the fan running slower at lower temps
    Sale includes the non-padded dust cover, plus the head gig bag, and original Mesa Russian sovtek tubes (tung-sol currently installed in both positions).

Prefer a straight sale but will consider trades for an Aguilar TH-500 / AG-700 or Mesa Subway D-800.

I'd prefer a local deal for the combo / cab, but will ship for actual cost. I live in Princeton NJ and will drive 2 hours with a deposit.

Combo + head gig bag: $750 Now: $700
    Price does not include shipping.

IMG_1187.JPG IMG_1186.JPG IMG_1188.JPG IMG_1189.JPG IMG_1190.JPG IMG_1191.JPG IMG_1191.JPG IMG_1192.JPG IMG_1193.JPG IMG_1194.JPG IMG_1195.JPG IMG_1196.JPG IMG_1198.JPG IMG_1215.JPG

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. impacs

impacs Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Largo, FL
    Is the amp still available?

3. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Still available.

4. I'm interested in the amp but can't find any info on the warranty work you had done. Can you help me understand what was done and why? Am also relatively close-by in Downingtown, PA, so pick-up would be fairly easy. If you want, give me a call at 610.256.0138 or via the forum, if you prefer.

5. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    The warranty work is the standard list of updates that Mesa publishes to address issues or to bring older models to current specs. The big issue on early models that you'll find was a common theme in the forum is that the amp would start getting static and cutting out. The issue was dirty effects loop jacks. Once cleaned the problem cleared. Hack solution was to plug a small effects cable into these jacks. Mesa issued a warranty fix using a bypass switch for the effects loop. The other updates are to match the changes they made to the current production model of the time. The later silver faced model switched to a single input jack with an active/passive switch instead of separate jacks. The fan fix was along the same lines that they put something in the circuit to control fan speed based on temp so it's not running full speed at bedroom levels. Again to match current spec. So in short all of these are updates that Mesa specifies to be done because they want older models to benefit from the changes they make to newer models. Hope that helps. If you're interested, PM me and we can connect next week.

Cheers,
    Kevin

6. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    Amp is still available. Happy New Year price drop to $700, but I will be taking the listing down by next weekend. Come on local TB'ers, you know you want a Mesa Walkabout! :)

7. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Great deal for a classic amp.

8. oldrocker

oldrocker Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    PM sent

9. crgny

crgny Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2003
    Sunny Central Florida
    PM sent

10. KevinMG

Jan 17, 2005
    Princeton, NJ
    All PMs replied to. Amp still available.

11. BassPilot

BassPilot Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Novato, CA
    I have a Mesa D800 and Subway 115/112.
    I got a Walkabout 12 about a month ago and added an external 12" cab a couple of weeks ago. I don't play the Subway stuff too much any more...The Walkabout is an absolutely AMAZING AMP and whoever buys this will get a GREAT DEAL!!

KevinMG likes this.
  12. UncleSaul

UncleSaul

Jun 7, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Thanks for the awesome amp Kevin! Can't wait to put it to good use.

KevinMG likes this.