Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Buster 200 1X15 Speaker Impedance?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Folmeister, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Here Me, Bass Gods:
    I just picked up a Mesa Buster 200 1X15 combo and I have a question that the manual does not cover. The wedge version is two 16 ohm speakers with a combined load of 8 ohms. The manual does not state what the impedance of the 15 is. It is currently plugged into a 4 ohm jack, but I want to make sure that is where it is supposed to be before I start putting it through its paces. Anyone know? Ben?

Edit:
    Also, does anyone know how you would run it with another cab, say, a 2X10? There is no parallel output for the combo speaker.

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
  3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    In the combo version it's wired to the cab at 8 ohms. If yoy hook up another 8 ohm cab you need to switch to the two 4 ohm jacks.

4. bigbajo60

bigbajo60

Nov 7, 2003
    Laredo, Texas
    I owned a Buster combo for a while... loved that Boogie sound! However, I would advise you to visit the Mesa website and download the Buster Owners Manual... it explains in detail how and when to use the 4 ohm and 8 ohm speaker jacks.

Very important stuff!!!

Remember... a tube amp doesn't respond to ohmage changes the same way a solid state amp does.