Mesa cabs with Eden drivers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Jul 31, 2003.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I saw an ad for a used Mesa Diesel 410 with Eden drivers. How are those cabs?
    When and why did mesa use eden drivers?
    Do they sound anything like the EV equipped Mesas?
  2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The older Mesa Boogie Diesel (and Road Ready) 4x10's really are something special. I own one myself, but when I went looking at cabs, I found three different Diesel 4x10's. All brand new. And get this. Each one had a different type of 10" driver in it (one of them was blue, one flat black, one slightly glossy black) and two of them had round tweeters while one had a square one. :confused:

At any rate, I A/B/C'd them, and decided that the one with the slightly glossy black 10's and the round tweeter sounded the best to my ears, so I bought that one. I do know that Eden made some speakers for Mesa Boogie during the "Diesel days", but I am not sure if they were all exclusively Edens. I will say that the differences between each Boogie cab were fairly minor, and that I greatly preferred any of them to the Eden 410XLT and Goliath 4x10 cabs that were in the store.

Hope this helps, Tom.
  3. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Anyone else have any thoughts about these cabs?

Did Eden manufacture the speakers to Mesas specs or did Mesa use some Eden drivers just because they couldn´t get enough of the drivers they normally use?

Also, whats the weight of these Diesel 410´s?
  4. I have a 4-10 Deisel I've been playing for about 2 years.It has the blue speakers in it and I love the sound but 104 lbs.Ouch.