Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Regurgitator, Nov 4, 2000.

1. Regurgitator

Regurgitator

Apr 27, 2000
    If you read my other thread you know I am looking for a 410 cab. I am selling my SWR Big Ben 18" and my GK400RB head. Now I have a EV410 and I am looking to buy a Mesa 400+ head and another 410. Would you guys recommend the Mesa 410? How do they sound and how much could I get a used one for?

2. The MESA 4x10 rocks I played it many times.... I currently use a Buster 200 with 1x15.... A friend of mine that owns a music store just sold a 4x10 for $500 he repo'd it from some deadbeat that he gave credit to..... the cab was only used for about 3 months...... not even any dust in the corners.... look around you can probably get one under $500 but at any price they are worth it....

....if you groove it, they will come....

3. Regurgitator

Regurgitator

Apr 27, 2000
    500 sounds good to me. I figured they would be more. Then again they are like 799 new or so.

4. Speedbird

Speedbird Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2000
    Northern Virginia
    I like Messa gear but, the dealers must have very strict agreements w/ Messa since most that I've seen will not sell via mail/phone/ect. and most charge full list price. I've also heard that Messa has frequently taken advantage of "Manufaturer reserves the right to change spec." (ie. there are different dirvers used in the same model enclosure) Finally, they are built "rock-cok-diesel" and thus are quite heavy. But the 4x10" I tried sounded like a 8x10" to me!

5. GC IN DANVERS MASS HAS A USED ONE FOR 699 BUT I GOT HIM DOWN TO 549. E ME FIRST ON THIS CAB SO I CAN GIVE YOU A FULL DESCRIPTION, 4X10 MB DIESEL W/HORN ON CASTERS, ILL ALSO REFER YOU TO MY SALES PERSON, HES STRAIGHT GUY........JIM

6. Regurgitator

Regurgitator

Apr 27, 2000
    What is your e-mail? I definately want the cab, e-mail me at rouse@tampabay.rr.com if you like.

7. ITS LATE, ILL E YOU IN THE AM, ....JIM

8. Regurgitator

Regurgitator

Apr 27, 2000
    yes that is true, however I would assume that I will get a different sound from a Mesa loaded with EV's in comparison to my EV410. Right?

9. early mrsa cabs had eden speakers,.the cabs can usually be differenciated by the logo on the cab, its painted on like the script on a 400+ head. the horn switch on the back is 3 position off, low, high, rocker switch, rather than rotary dial. hey gurg....did you call my guy evan at g center, i sent you an e mail and the cab is available and looks good. hey PSYCHO,....wanna hear how i fixed my 400+ head when channel one went dead? or even better want to hear how i fixed my eq in out footswitch to eliminate popping when shifting?????

10. Actually, Mesa also uses PAS speakers in some of their cabs too. My 6*10 has them in there. I love both my Boogie cabs ( 6*10 and 2*15 diesals ). Mesa cabs are also a great investment, not only for the tone and durability, but also for the resale ( if you are hard up on cash and need to let one go ).

11. Hiya,
    I have three Mesa Cabs. I have two the Diesel 15" an one 2x10" cab. I usually use one 15 with a 2x10 on top with a 400+ doing the dirty work. I have had most of the Eden stuff and more. I am happy with this set up than I have ever been. I also have PA support, so that does make a differnce out front. EV is no longer used in Mesa. The PAS is the current speaker. I managed to pickup the last of the EV loaded cabs around here. Mesa says the new choice is just as good and a little warmer sounding. Have fun!

12. i went to pa to pick up a new 2x10 cab to go ontop of my 1x15 because i knew of the changeover to the new powerhouse design , not to be confused with their existing powerhouse cab. i too top it off with the 400+. boy that sucker really dims the lights!!!

13. Regurgitator

Regurgitator

Apr 27, 2000
    Would I be better off with 2 410's or a 410(I already have a EV410) and a 15"? I will be running a Mesa 400+(when I find a used one).

14. id just get the head. sounds like your all set with cabs, i assume your cabs are both 8 ohm EVM.....