Mesa custom finishes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mike_v_s, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Any idea on what I could expect to pay above Mesa "list" for a custom finish/grill (on a Walkabout)? The local dealer is closed, so instead of waiting for tomorrow, I figured I'd throw the question to the masses. Thanks.

2. do you know a mesa dealer that sells below "list? With Mesa, I keep getting told they don't deal. Everyone pays retail. Bummer.

3. No, I don't, wish I did. I put it in quotes because their pricing policy is a little different. I've just never known how much these options are...and I may be in the market sooner than I thought.

4. Yeah, I'm kinda at the point that if i'm looking to spend this may as well match the furniture.

5. You have crocodile furniture? :eek:
  6. I've got loafers made from gophers and a vest of real gorilla chest.

/M. Burns

It's been my experience that Mesa doesn't deal at all, and will pull their products from any store that tries to sell 'em below list. I'm pretty sure Mesa employees are the only ones that get any discounts, so find an employee and take him/her to a strip bar. (cough[BenjaminStrange]hackcough..ack)
  7. Not really looking for a discount, I just wondered if anyone new how much the custom finishes/grills run.

8. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    Just call Mesa in Petaluma.
  9. At this point, I'm going to. When I started this thread, it was a little late to call.

10. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Calling Ben Strange... Calling Ben Strange!

Ben's got a walkabout with a tweed finish i think. He's also the authority on Mesa :D!
  11. Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I asked Mesa about custom Scout cabs, and they said it was $149 extra for any combination of vinyl covering and grille, and $199 for the leather ones. You can't order directly from them, though. You've got to order through your dealer.

12. That's what I was looking for. Thanks. We've got 2 dealers in Greater New I get to pick who i get crappy service from (speaking only of the dealer, not the manufacturer). I appreciate it.

13. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    You've got a great option. Go to C&M Music, and talk to my buddy Melvin - or go to Guitar Center, and talk to either Robby Saul or Joel Seaton. Any of those guys would be really good to talk to, even if you don't drop my name. ;)

Mesa doesn't discount their stuff because it's "pre-discounted" from the manufacturer. Essentially they don't play the list price game. Example: list price on a Marshall TSL100 is about $2100!! Then they set a MAP price (minumum advertised price), which is basically lingo for what the "real" price is, in this case about $1499. Mesa prices the Triple Rec at $1599, and it stays at $1599. That way everybody gets the same deal, and you are buying the amp based on tone and service, not price.

And I rather dig my custom Walkabout. I don't have any crocodile furniture though.

14. Thanks! I wasn't aware that C&M was a dealer....I was speaking of GC and Soundcheck. I'm waiting on a one-time-only bonus situation at work...aren't we all?

15. that is one classy amp you have there Mr.Strange!
  16. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I wouldn't recommend Soundcheck. Something strange is going on there.

And thanks!