1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa Diesel 2x15 Local NJ/NY Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by DasClyde, Sep 25, 2013.

1. DasClyde

DasClyde Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    I have a Mesa Diesel 2x15 cab for sale. It looks big, it sounds big and it feels big. This is the kind used periodically by Krist Novoselic of Nirvana. I am selling it because I am moving and will not have room for it at the new place.

I am the second owner. I bought it locally from a previously touring musician who got it from Manny's in NYC in 1989. It looks like it's been on tour but it's still a great amp and I have never had any problems with it. One speaker has been replaced with a JBL and the other is the original EV. The grill needs to be tightened up sometimes due to a rattle but it's a quick screwdriver fix.

I'm asking $400 local no shipping.

I'd be open to traveling a reasonable distance for a serious buyer.

I'm always interested in trades so throw whatever you have at me. Right now I'm looking for a Fender 50's Precision RI in fiesta red with maple fretboard or another attractive maple P.

Here's an album and one big one:

http://imgur.com/a/K9WCe

MqGIUQH.

2. DasClyde

Jan 21, 2006
    I took these for another user. Might as well post them here:

n8u3JZy.
    TOhfO0q.

3. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

I played one of these with a D180 Head.
    They are great cabs.

4. DasClyde

Jan 21, 2006
    It's a really amazing cab. It blows everyone away. We played a show at a college quad and I played with this and no PA support because it has such a great, big sound.

5. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Having fun yet? Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Mt Vernon, NY
    Do you know the wattage of this beast?

6. DasClyde

Jan 21, 2006
    I'm pretty sure it's 400. It's very loud. You are welcome to try it out.

Any offers? There is a piece at a local guitar center I'd like to pick up so I'm definitely looking to sell before it's gone.

7. DasClyde

Jan 21, 2006
    Taking reasonable offers and trade.

8. DasClyde

Jan 21, 2006
    bump