1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa Diesel 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by klejst, May 31, 2012.

1. Just looking to get some opinions and input on what the TB community thinks about the Mesa/Boogie Diesel 410 cabinet and also what a reasonable price would be for one in good shape?

2. Not digging the 810?

3. I am actually asking this one on behalf of a friend. The 810 is great.

4. Glad to hear its working out.

As far as the PH goes, I have not spent enough time playing through one to say much on them. They are not the lightest cab, but that doesnt bother me. They are very well regarded here as far as 410's go. They are ported so that is a plus for me as well. George should be along shortly to give a more in depth analysis.

5. This particular one is older than the newer PowerHouse models Mesa has on the market today. It is what many call a diesel model, I don't think this is a PowerHouse if I am not totally mistaken about this.

6. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    Diesels are great. I find them to be more barky and midrange-oriented than the current PH cabs. They werent designed to be shy in the mix. I think $300-400 would be a resonable.

7. Awesome, thanks for the input.

8. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    The Diesel 410 is a different animal altogether from the Powerhouse... but the Diesel 410 is a BEAST! They are extremely heavy though, which is why I don't use them.

9. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yeah, pretty much what everyone else has said. Awesome tone, just super heavy :eek:

10. I know it has casters, however how heavy if anyone happens to know?

11. I think 127lbs.

12. No kidding! Wow, that weighs close to some 610's and possibly close to some 810's even...

13. Weighs more that my biggest cab thats for sure...

14. I have seen those around. This one does not have the newer Mesa Engineering logo plate though, it has the Mesa/Boogie one. This is also not a road ready, but I get what you mean. I just let my friend know all this info and he was shocked with the weight also.

15. Is the logo in the corner rather than center too? Anyway, I think the weight is about 127lbs - but, whatever the weight is - tell your friend it’s heavy.

16. Yeah in the corner. It has a black grill.

17. Way cool, nice bass cab - and yeah about $300 to $400.

18. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    If you cool with the weight, I'd say get it! I use two Diesel 115s as my main gig rig and love the tone (although, one has a Kapalite 3015 in it).

19. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1 to most of what's been said. My Diesel 4x10 (the "deep" version) was my first "high end" cab, and boy did it open my eyes and ears. It still holds its own, tone-wise, against the rest of my cab arsenal, but it is so darned heavy that I don't gig it anymore. I gigged it every weekend for years, though, when my band traveled a lot, but we always helped each other load in/out, so it was always a 2-man carry. Since I started hauling my own rig to shows - and hauling gear up/down steps on my own - I've not gigged much with my beloved Diesel.

Tom.