Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Diesel vs Flight of Stairs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chaosMK, Sep 2, 2005.

1. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I was running kind of late for a gig that I had tonight and was a little rushed. Since it was going to be outdoors I decided to take both my 15" cabs and took my Diesel down last since its super heavy (about 80lbs). I lost my footing when I was walking down the flight of concrete stairs at my apt and the cab slipped out of my grip and tumbled down about half the stairs and made a huge noise on the sidewalk.

On inspection it looked fine- nothing on the toltex, the plastic corners were intact, casters worked fine. I played the gig and the speaker was as reliable as usual.

These things are built like tanks! :bassist:

2. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I read a story on here a while back where someone's Diesel 4x10 (NON Road-Ready!) fell out of the back of a truck at like 60MPH. Not a hiccup. Incredible, I must say!

3. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    The guy at my local GC said you can throw them down stairs for easier transportability when i bought my 15. I haven't tried it yet because i have an elevator handy. But its good to know i can get out of those tight situations ;)

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    gas for mesa cabs just went up.

ampeg cabs hold up good as well, but hartke.....

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    My Diesel 4x10 was gigged quite hard for 3-4 years (though I kept a cover on it and tried to be careful - but 3-4 years of heavy gigging normally takes its toll!), and it still looks (and sounds) brand new! And it's still the best sounding 4x10 I've heard (though the Epi T-410UL and EA NM-410 keep beckoning me to check them out!).

Tom.