1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa Fathom Updates?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by foderaman, Jan 12, 2012.

1. foderaman

foderaman Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Highland.IL
    I have a Fathom I bought Brand new in the beginning of 09 and never had had any problems with it.can anyone tell me that sent theres back to Mesa what kind of problems they had and what Mesa did to there amp to update and upgrade it?i still have 2 years left on warranty and still have time to send it back.Has anyone noticed any difference in the amp tone and sound wise after they got it back?

2. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Do a Carbine search. Lots of info on M6/M9 issues/upgrades....

3. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    The 2 most common significant issues seem to have been overheating (mods include new top cover with added vents and a 2nd fan) and a faulty fuse holder. If I were you I'd definitely get those done under warranty, even if my unit was functioning fine. Fabulous, low, defined and brutally powerful heads :)

4. oinge

oinge

Aug 20, 2008
    I sent my 09 Carbine in for the updates. It never failed but did get very warm. Took a month including shipping time both ways. Very glad I did. Unit is much, much cooler running now!

5. foderaman

foderaman Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Highland.IL
    Thanks Im in the process of doing that.