Mesa heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kserg, Mar 17, 2005.

1. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Well here is the thing...
    I found a pretty good Mesa Boogie cab 1x15 400watt very decent for 100$ ...My question, does anyone know a good place to look for mesa heads online... used would be a plus:) Its not like i am going to BUY it because i am sure it will be very expensive, i wouldnt mind it if i can afford it... But out of intrest because i couldnt find it...

Also question about the cab... most other heads should plug into that cab with out a problem right? it doesnt have anything crazy special to it rite?

Hope this make some sense... i doubt it... ignore it:)

2. You might want to look on eBay. A few weeks back I saw an M-Pulse 600 for sale for ~$1300 CAD, less than a year old and been only to a couple of gigs. It's sold now, but I'm sure more will pop up every now and again. Given that the regular price is around $2000 CAD, it's worthwhile to look into buying a used one.

3. danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I paid less than $500 for my Bass 400 head on ebay last year.
  4. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    no shops does online sale for mesa they do that themselves on their website.

On ebay, you can score great deals.
  5. They sell thier heads on the website!?

I thought they only sold tubes and speakers and what not...
  6. playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
    They don't, he must be misninformed.
  7. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Ok I kind of must bring this back... so um... how much you guys think the mesa m2000 head is worth...

I am not 100% looking for mesa... looking at other brands too... but mesa is one that keeps popping up at me and I kind of like it...

Guitar center has setup for sale… used

Its mesa m2000 head with 4x10 powerhouse cab

At first i thought only the cab which was 399 plus he might give me some discount too... and then use a broken GK for a while until i can afford to get head... GK works just very crappy and only sometimes...

Then i thought to get the 15month 0% thingie and pay it off in a year...

So price is... head is about 800 and cab is 400... i am thinking if i can bring both down to 900-1000ish its worth it... any thought on that? should i go cheaper?

Is that setup worth it? and is it a good idea?

Also are there any issues with that head?

I know this is a very weird question… I just have problem with making this question what I want it to be… its still early by my

8. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I think $800 is allready a pretty good deal on the M-2000. I've seen them go for $800-950.

Whatever you get it for, it will be a nice combo. The m2000 is a great and versatile amp. Just be aware that apart from getting many great sounds out of it, you can also get some pretty bad ones. You may need to be a bit patient getting the sound you want, but i'm sure it will be in there somewhere.
  9. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Just an update for those who helped me out...

First thanks guys...

2nd what happen was i only got a mesa 4x10 powerhouse cab... no head... even though i loved the damn thing and it was very good priced i got the cab only (lack of money)

The cab cost me $399 but even though used (pretty damn close to perfect) i got 12 month warranty on it too:) very nice... will use it with crappy head until i find money for better one... but thanks guys... i made up my mind on head as well... either m2000 or M-Pulse 600... for somereason i am stock on those... i really do like them... as soon as i get the money for it... more happy i will be...

10. kilgoja

May 26, 2005
    that's a good deal....i've heard that the m pulse 600 is easier to use and the m2000 requires a lot of patience....but if you start to lose it you can go bang on the cowbell for remember when my band made our first tape and the engineer guy said this song needs a cowbell we put it in the background for the whole was terrible....we sadly ended up taking it out of the song :crying: