Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa M-2000 $900

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Mad Subwoofer, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Mesa Boogie Basis M-2000, This 1200w peak bass amp is a well cared for, feature laden rig. One of the finest hand-made heads on the market today. Fresh tubes, footswitch incl, original packaging. I don't need this many options and variables but I'm sure you do (!) This bass amp has served me very well and I take exceedingly good care of my gear; no hassles guaranteed. Ten million tones to be had but I'm really more of a "plug n' play" kinda guy. Sound just like Fieldy(Ha!) $900 usd OBO, $1400 cdn ($2400 cdn new.) You pay shipping. MO...maybe Paypal ok too. Would really like to sell sooner than later, Visa debt and all. Make an offer.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Amps/Basis_M-2000/basis_m-2000.html

[​IMG]

2. herrspektor

herrspektor

Dec 21, 2002
    Dallas, Texas
    Would you be interested in a trade for an Ampeg SVT-4 Pro, or are you looking for straight dough? I'm not actively looking to get rid of my Ampeg, but it might be an interesting trade if you're not looking to necessarily sell. It's about 3 yrs old (blue and orange SVT logo), in very good shape, fresh E-H 12AX7s.

3. Nice amp but no, thanks. Need the $$$...Mine has fresh EH's as well!

4. herrspektor

herrspektor

Dec 21, 2002
    Dallas, Texas
    No sweat...just thought I'd ask :) The EHs really sound good in any amp I've ever tried them in, I must commend you on your good taste, lol.

5. Hmm, what are you asking now?

I'm really set on finding a used 400+... but for a low enough price I could be persuaded.

6. Sold for $850. If you are OK with a 400+ then by all means buy one of those; they are 10x the amp for the same used price IMO. I have owned both and just grew tired of the weight.

7. Well grats on your sale Mad Sub :)

Thanks for the advice too. I knew you owned both, because I'm reading all I can on the 400+ in this forum, and I'd seen a few of your posts. Very valuable posts indeed, my friend.

I'm all ears if you have anything more to say about the 400+. It has become my latest obsession. I'm trying real hard to avoid going down to the Boston GC and grabbing the new one they have in stock... I'm hoping to see a decent used one come along.

Oh, and thanks again for your response. :cool: