Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MESA M-2000 w/ Bergie HT-322 (Sweet!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by QTraXQ, Apr 8, 2003.

1. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    This setup has one of the Best Tones I've Heard. When I asked people about the tonal differences between the M-2000 and the SVT-4Pro I was told to get the SVT-4Pro for its Low End or get the M-2000 for its Mid Tonal (Funk Quality)..

I tested the SVT-4Pro and of course it had that great Low/Lw-Mid Growl and great Tone. But i decided to still go with the M-2000(because of the low price that its being sold for at the Mesa website). I now have the M-2000 and I am surprised because after messing around with it I have an Excellent Low End Tone that i can actually say is better than the SVT-4Pro.

Using a Bergie HT-322 the Low End, Mids, and Highs sound Great and Clear. It seem as though many People feel as though the Only way to get that Rock Growl is to Use Ampeg cabinet and/or Ampeg Heads(or Mesa Boogie 400+). IMHO, I believe this is totally incorrect. This combination of the M-2000 and Bergantino HT-322 gives all the tones in the world that I believe anyone could ask for.

Unfortunately, Mesa Boogie is Discontinuing the Basis M-2000 and they have it on sale at their Website. I am seriously thinking about getting another because of the quality of the sound and for future expansion of my rig. (plus if i decide to sale it, then I would probably be able to get most if not all my money back becasue the price is so low.)
    :cool:

2. see, I toldja it was cool! :D

glad you like it! if you need more power, why not just slave it ot a poweramp?

3. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    I was thinking about that actually. Only thing is thing is that I do not want alot of air noise coming from the cabs that I would have(may be unreasonable thinking on my part..)..

Right Now I can Plug in and have the Cab Booming Banging and Screaming, but once I stop playing there is Absolutely No Noise Coming from the Cab. If I go up to the RIG then I will here the M-2000's Fan. Only time I here a Tad Of Air is if I take the Output Dial all the way to 2-3 o'clock. Its Beautiful...:p ..

4. Didn't think that amp would be powerful enough for the Berg 322. My 400+ was not. It sounded great at medium to low volumes but farted out when the big gigs showed up. Maybe the M2000 has more usable power. Glad you like your set up. ??

Peace

5. I cant think of a time that my m2k ever farted out. From unmiked LOUD punk bands to coverbands that required a lot of bottom to Reggae Dub to Country and never a bad note (other than those I was responsible for;))

6. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    Im telling ya the Low End is Great on this Setup. Very Clean even w/ my Low B.. It also keeps excellent Tone with My Passive Bass which I use mainly for my Fast Bass Lines when playing 16th Notes. Each 16th note is defined even when I throw an Octive Higher Note into the middle of the Pattern..

Alot of the time on many Bass Amps you have to pull in more Mid and High settings in order to have each not defined when playing 16th notes. I am very surprised by this with the M-2000 and again I have not tried all settings and I can say I am very very Satisfied with this Head..

Ive Played this thing pretty Loud. But whenever I purchase my second Cab I will probably have to purchase a Power amp or another Head..

Personally, I really don't believe that 1 HT-322 should be used for Very Large Gigs. You will probably want to add an additional 2x10 or another ht-322 or have your current setup Mic'd.Also, the 400+ is according to the website 500 Watts Peak, and the M-2000 is 600RMS and 2000 watts Peak.

I have seen a Guy using his Ampeg SVT-810E w/ an M-2000 and he was able to play a complete set without a Problem. I also checked out the SVT-810E at the Music shop but its Tone still didn't compare to the HT-322 and I probably wouldn't want to take a chance by pushing so much power out of the M-2000 at every Gig..

7. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Qtrax,
    How did you purchase off of the Mesa site, I was just there, and couldnt find a way to purchase the M2000.

8. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

9. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    The Hollywood Outlet store cannot ship new Mesa merchandise outside of the city.

10. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    Contact hwdstore@mesaboogie.com .. They willgive you shipping Cost. I live in Texas and was able to purchase. The reason is because they are discontinuing the M-2000.. You can not purchase Cabinets or any other Amp, unless listed...

11. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Thanks,
    Just ordered, its on its way! :D
    Thanks.
    BTW, how do you think it would sound through an Ampeg SVT1X15E Classic Series along with an Ampeg SVT2X10HE Classic Series?
    Havent bought that cabs yet, but; found really good deals on them.
    Thanks,
    Vegaas

12. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    Should sound pretty good.. How much you spending on those 2 cabs???

13. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    $650 for the two combined.
    Found pretty good deal on them I think?

14. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    Test that combination out first.. If possible try it on Either an M-2000 or a M-pulse 600..

15. QTraXQ

QTraXQ Guest

Aug 16, 2002
    San Antonio, TX
    also, work with the M-2000.I personally can't see why people become aggrevated with it. I got it due to its flexibility and had an Understanding just from looking at it that I would have to work with it to get an Understanding...

If you need any assistance with your M-2000, then don't be afraid to PM me or E-mail me...
    :cool:

16. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Thanks, I may just do that.
    I know it is going to take me some time to dial it in to the sound that I am looking for.