Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa M-2000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mad Subwoofer, Jul 3, 2001.

1. I traded my much loved 400+ in for one of these great heads and am somewhat happy with it but miss the simplicity of my ol' tube head. The 400+ was a real plug n' play while this M-2000 has so many damn knobs and switches......well, after 3 years I still find myself scratching my head when trying to dial up a good solid sound. Do any other Mesa M-2000 owners come up against this or am I just to darn fussy? It just seems like I can't settle on one great sound. I usually try setting up a decent tone from my tube side then blend in some DEEP bass from the SS side. This works sometimes but I'm never that happy. Too many options? I never had this hassle w/ my 400+. A great sound was never far away. I traded it in 'cause it was too much like carrying a big TV set around; scared me.
    Any others out there who own these amps? What settings have you settled on and what cabs do you use?