1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa M-2000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mad Subwoofer, Jul 3, 2001.

1. I traded my much loved 400+ in for one of these great heads and am somewhat happy with it but miss the simplicity of my ol' tube head. The 400+ was a real plug n' play while this M-2000 has so many damn knobs and switches......well, after 3 years I still find myself scratching my head when trying to dial up a good solid sound. Do any other Mesa M-2000 owners come up against this or am I just to darn fussy? It just seems like I can't settle on one great sound. I usually try setting up a decent tone from my tube side then blend in some DEEP bass from the SS side. This works sometimes but I'm never that happy. Too many options? I never had this hassle w/ my 400+. A great sound was never far away. I traded it in 'cause it was too much like carrying a big TV set around; scared me.
    Any others out there who own these amps? What settings have you settled on and what cabs do you use?