1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa M-Pulse 600 with which cab? Sealed or Ported?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spectorbass83, Sep 24, 2008.


  1. spectorbass83

    spectorbass83

    Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    I'm finally going to be upgrading my rig in the next few months. For speakers, I'm looking at getting a custom 6x10 cabinet from LDS.

    Right now I am tossing around the idea of either an all-tube head or a hybrid. I've played the Mesa M-Pulse 600 and I dig it.

    Would this amp sound its best through a sealed 6x10 or a ported 6x10?

    Perhaps another cab recommendation?
     
  2. Visirale

    Visirale

    Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Too bad for you, LDS closed their doors a few days ago.

    If you're getting a mesa head, get a mesa cab. You won't regret it. They are designed for each other.
     
  3. From all I've heard....

    He's still going to be making custom cabs. It's just the retail strore that has closed.
     
  4. Visirale

    Visirale

    Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Ah that's good then.

    Still, my original sentiment still stands. Nothing will sound as good with a mesa head as a mesa cab. They are designed for each other. Each product benefits from the other. The sum of the whole is greater than the parts ;).
     
  5. spectorbass83

    spectorbass83

    Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Oh man. Their retail store is closing? This truly sucks.
     
  6. ACtually, the cabinet business is expanding. Only the retail store front (strings, basses, and other branded amps/cabs) has closed down.
     
  7. I would agree with this. As much as I dig the 600, it is a VERY fussy head to match with cabs. It sounds GREAT with the Mesa cabs that I've heard it with.
     
  8. Tom P

    Tom P

    Aug 19, 2004
    I am using 2 Bergantino HT112's with my 600 and have been very happy with the sound.
     
  9. I can actually imagine that match, and I bet it sounds great!
     
  10. Rooster009

    Rooster009

    Feb 27, 2008
    I have my m-pulse 600 matched up with a 4 ohm powerhouse 1000 about 75 percent of the time. Absolutely amazing tone with everything set flat. any other settings you can come up with are just icing on the cake. The other 25 percent of the time I use a 8 ohm behringer 210 cab. Still sounds great, although it takes a little more EQ to get there and doesn't move as much air or reach near as low as the powerhouse 1000. You won't be dissapointed with the powerhouse line.
     
  11. pickles

    pickles Gold Supporting Member

    Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Powerhouse 610!
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.