1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa M-pulse venture 2x10 Problems

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by billystagger, Sep 27, 2009.

1. billystagger

billystagger

Nov 14, 2008
    philly
    I have a mesa boogie m-pulse venture 2x10 combo. Ive been having an odd problem. When at my bands practice space, i can practice with it on for up to 4 hours straight with no problems. Whenever it comes time for a gig, the sound will cut in and out. Ive tried various basses, the problem is def. the amp. The amp itself stays on but just no sound. i dont do anything special to make it cut back in. it doesnt feel as if its over heating. Any ideas?

2. Dirty effects return jack (contacts inside the return jack will interupt the signal from the preamp to power amp)?

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 check that first.

4. billystagger

billystagger

Nov 14, 2008
    philly
    would that be causing the problem even if i'm not using the effects loop?

5. dogbass

dogbass Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    The effects jack problem was an issue in the Walkabout head and Mesa incorporated a bypass switch into later versions, so I assume it was a problem with or without effects plugged in.

I have had similar problems, though not with my Venture, with a Shuttle 6.0. Another thing that can cause squirrelly amp behavior is voltage/power issues.

When you refer to your problems at gigs, is it the same venue ?

6. billystagger

billystagger

Nov 14, 2008
    philly
    Its been mainly at one venue, though I've had the problem at I believe 3 different joints. Only one of them I'd suspect of having a faulty electrical system. However, I was the only person with an issue.

7. Actually non use is a main cause of the return jack problem.