SOLD Mesa M9 Carbine Rack Mount No Foot Switch

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by IamJohn, Nov 27, 2016.

1. IamJohn

IamJohn

Nov 26, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    Price:
    I have an early rack mount model of the Mesa Boogie m9 Carbine.

It was once the touring amp for the band We Came as Romans and has their bassist's signature on top. It's had one update and a replaced motherboard after water was spilled on it during a tour.

There is still an update available for it, I believe it's the one that reduces it from 900 Watts to 600 Watts. I didn't get it because I've never experienced any overheating issues.

To be clear, I can't be sure this the 900 Watt version. When I called Mesa about what updates this unit had, they said they couldn't tell me what the new updates were.
    EDIT: I called Mesa again and they said that the update available for this amp is to update the transformer and would cost $300 to update.

This does not come with a foot switch.

It's great sounding with no issues other than a couple of scratches on the bottom. If i didn't purchase a new Darkglass M900, I'd never get rid of this.

Mostly interested in cash, but would also be interested in partial/full trade for:

-fEARful/fEARless cabinets
    -Darkglass Super Symmetry
    -Octave, bit crusher, lopper pedal (tell me what you have)
    -Delano pickups in 4/5 j and p styles

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  2. IamJohn

IamJohn

Nov 26, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    price drop bump.

3. Str8outtaline

Str8outtaline Inactive

Feb 23, 2016
    I am slightly hesitant because of the pat water issue and starting about overheating issues….pm sent.

IamJohn likes this.
  4. IamJohn

IamJohn

Nov 26, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    PM'd you about your offer, and will copy the response to your concerns I sent below.

The amp was completely repaired by Mesa after water was spilled on it. It was given a new motherboard, and one round of the updates that they had for the amp. I've experienced no issues whatsoever.

I've also never had overheating issues with this amp, but want to make sure possible buyers know that there is still an update for this amp that may address overheating issues Mesa had with the m9.

I opted not to get the update because Mesa would not give me a clear answer on what the update would do and what the previous update did when I called them.

Str8outtaline likes this.
  5. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    Would you do a swap for the Super Symmetry and B7K Ultra both are new only had them for about 2 weeks.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021