1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa M9 Carbine

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by witchfinger, Mar 17, 2009.

1. witchfinger

witchfinger

Mar 17, 2009
    Any opinions about this one? Haven't found much in the way of feedback online and I'm very curious about this 900 watt @ 4 ohm solidstate model. My specific circumstance is this: I'm upgrading from an Ampeg B2R and am narrowing my search down to an Ampeg B4R, an Ampeg SVT4Pro, and then there's this alluring new Mesa M9 Carbine. Any feedback, experiences, or tips would be very much appreciated!

2. The Growler

The Growler

Jan 26, 2008
    The M6 is amazing. I'd be shocked if the M9 isn't as well.

Get one. Then someone here will have one and we'll all know. :)

3. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I seriously can't imagine owning an M6 and thinking "geez, this is so great... if only it was louder!!" :) The graphic eq is pretty exciting, the comp I could live without. But if the M9 sounds like the M6 with more headroom, its gonna rule.

4. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
  5. The Growler

The Growler

Jan 26, 2008

Agreed!

6. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
  7. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    With that kind of headroom, I'll gladly use my volume knob or the 'boost' button on my BASSBONE... I tell you the truth... 600 watts is more than enough; let alone 900!

8. witchfinger

witchfinger

Mar 17, 2009
    Cool, thanks all! I'll be testing it out this weekend, so I'll let you all know what I think. I played through an M-Pulse 600 a few years ago and really liked it too.

9. Hizzoner

Hizzoner

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago area
    bump for more info

10. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,

I had a chance to play through an M9 with a PH212 and a PH115 for a few minutes at a music store. Pretty impressive head. I really liked the Voice settings from 1-3 for the kind of sound that suits what I do. In the past I've been a fan of graphic EQ's but it wasn't necessary for me this time. Although I can understand having it for a quick change secondary sound. Me thinks a bit of time out of a store setting would be needed for a good opinion to be formed. But just letting you know that they should be arriving in more showrooms soon.

Rezdog