Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Mpulse 600 question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by majin_loser, Jun 18, 2005.

1. majin_loser

majin_loser

Jun 18, 2005
    I just bought this amp and I love the sound, but i don't think its getting as loud as it should. So me and my friend opened it up and one of the tubes wasn't lighting up, I'm new too tube amps so i don't know if this means if the tube is out or not. So could someone tell me if I need to replace my tubes or not?

2. tWi5t

tWi5t

Jun 19, 2005
    if wiggling it around does nothing than i would suggest replacing it. BUT FIRST, ask a pro to look at it cuz u may waste ur money on the tube when in fact the problem was with the connection inside the socket. OR if u can borrow the required tpe of tube from a friend's amp and try that out, u can find out urself, pretty much whether or not it's a tube or socket problem, and it won't cost u a dime. ;)

3. tWi5t

tWi5t

Jun 19, 2005
    excellent choice of amp head, i own the little cousin, the walkabout! :cool:

4. tWi5t

tWi5t

Jun 19, 2005
    it just occured to me, partly cuz i'm i didn't think it through entirely. i just want to add, be careful of electrocution, where gloves or stand or rubber or someting. for ur own safety, i emphasize my suggestion to seek help from an amp pro.

5. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    From my understanding, you should touch tubes (at least the glass part) with your bare fingers (or is that only power tubes?)..

I'm not sure if that tube would have an effect on the volume. Although the Mesa power section is tube driven mos-fet, so it might.

Bump..

6. NO! Only handle them with clean rubber gloves, the dirt and grease on your hands can reduce tube life.

7. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Eh, old thread. I actually meant should'NT. Sorry :p

8. Hehe thats cool. I was doing a search for mesa and you sometimes forget they are old :)