1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa MPulse 600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CMECHO1, Jan 11, 2016.

1. CMECHO1

CMECHO1

Aug 14, 2014
    NC
    I just purchased a Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600 with a Furman power conditioner and a Korg rack tuner (a steal for $300 in the rack case), but was unsure what cabinet configuration to use. I'm thinking of going with a 4x10 and a 1x15. Any suggestions and brand suggestions as well? Figured I would crowdsource my fellow enthusiasts and pick your brains a bit.

2. CrUiSeR

CrUiSeR

Jul 13, 2005
    810 Diesel or PH and a tailgate lift

chaosMK and CMECHO1 like this.
  3. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Steal of a deal on a great head. I'd forget the 115. If I could match it with any cab it'd be a Barefaced Super Twin, which may be too pricey, but a pair of good 410s would be sweet. Hppy thumpin'!

CMECHO1 likes this.
  4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Depends partly on how much air you need to move. I'd be partial to a pair of Mesa Powerhouse PH112s. A Powerhouse PH412 if you've got the budget, the muscle and the means of transport.

Agreed with Lomo that a 4x10 + 1x15 makes no sense. Ever. :eyebrow:

MM

CMECHO1 likes this.
  5. CMECHO1

CMECHO1

Aug 14, 2014
    NC
    Thanks! I'm routing it into my recording rig just to test it out and see what it levels out at on the DAW (I mainly play industrial).

6. CMECHO1

CMECHO1

Aug 14, 2014
    NC
    Point taken, good to know. And ok cool, Mesa Powerhouse, I'll check them out!

7. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    One of my fave heads ever. Love the warmth, surgical eq and onboard comp!

CMECHO1 likes this.
  8. atrapp

atrapp Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Call Don at Low Down Sound and have him build you a Faital equipped 2X15, it will take all the power that your new 600 can give it, has all the highs you'll probably need and it will weigh in at ~ 55lbs. All for ~ $800 shipped, probably half what the Green Guys will charge you with no attitude or hype.

CMECHO1 likes this.
  9. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    Grab the head as long as it works, worry about cab later. Sounds great with PH cabs. I'd do 4x10 (aka 100lb cube) or 2x12 (aka more-manageable 70 lb cube).

CMECHO1 likes this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020