Mesa Mpulse

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ibanezman80, May 21, 2003.

1. ibanezman80

May 7, 2003
    Has anyone tried out or own the new M-pulse amp heads from mesa. How are they? have u tried it with the Powerhouse 1000? would u recomend another rig over it?
  2. Ian Hall

Ian Hall

May 31, 2002
    I have an m-pulse 360 and powerhouse 1000 cabinet. Both are '02 models. Great sounding rig, incredibly loud, deep low end, very flexible tone. I use them with a Warwick thumb 5 BO and the rig seems to be voiced much better for this bass than it was for the MTD, and Schecter that I used to own. You would have a hard time being underpowered with this rig. The 600 may be nice for headroom, but the 360 does just fine for me juice wise. A very good investment in my opinion.
  3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have a Walkabout head, which is basically the baby of the M-Pulse line, and while it is only rated at 300w into a 4 ohm load, it seems a great bit louder. I run it with a pair of Epifani cabs (T-112 & T-110UL), but I have also used it to drive my Mesa Boogie Diesel 4x10 (which I like better than the Powerhouse series cabs) and my Eden 212XLT, and it moves them just fine.

The M-Pulse heads are my current fave, and I would recommend them heartily. I also have an Eden Navigator preamp feeding a QSC PLX 3002, and tone-wise, I think I slightly prefer the Walkabout.

Hope this helps, Tom.