Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Mpulse

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ibanezman80, May 21, 2003.

1. ibanezman80

ibanezman80

May 7, 2003
    Canada
    Has anyone tried out or own the new M-pulse amp heads from mesa. How are they? have u tried it with the Powerhouse 1000? would u recomend another rig over it?

2. Ian Hall

Ian Hall

May 31, 2002
    Rialto,CA
    I have an m-pulse 360 and powerhouse 1000 cabinet. Both are '02 models. Great sounding rig, incredibly loud, deep low end, very flexible tone. I use them with a Warwick thumb 5 BO and the rig seems to be voiced much better for this bass than it was for the MTD, and Schecter that I used to own. You would have a hard time being underpowered with this rig. The 600 may be nice for headroom, but the 360 does just fine for me juice wise. A very good investment in my opinion.

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have a Walkabout head, which is basically the baby of the M-Pulse line, and while it is only rated at 300w into a 4 ohm load, it seems a great bit louder. I run it with a pair of Epifani cabs (T-112 & T-110UL), but I have also used it to drive my Mesa Boogie Diesel 4x10 (which I like better than the Powerhouse series cabs) and my Eden 212XLT, and it moves them just fine.

The M-Pulse heads are my current fave, and I would recommend them heartily. I also have an Eden Navigator preamp feeding a QSC PLX 3002, and tone-wise, I think I slightly prefer the Walkabout.

Hope this helps, Tom.