1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

MESA or EDEN 4x10?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by casio, Aug 13, 2007.

1. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    Hey guys!
    I had a question for you:
    I'm searching the market around here for a 4x10 cab, and I've tried the eden, and a mesa 2x10, but i haven't been able to compare them one next to the other, I tested them months apart!
    I'm looking for a more punchy, glassy sound to go with my m-pulse 600 head, i need more clarity cause the type of music we play requires alternate tuning (I play FCGDA), so I need something that's gonna prevent me from sounding like a big woofy dude!:D

2. Vanni

Vanni

Sep 15, 2003
    Milan, Italy
    Mesa

3. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    My preference would be Mesa.

4. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Of those two, Mesa...

5. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    With the 600, mesa for sure. I didn't like the way Eden cabs sounded with that head. It sounds amazing with all of mesa's cabs, or with Aguilars.

Also look at the 6x10, 2x12, or a pair of 2x10s ... since you really want a 4 ohm load with the 600 and the 4x10 only comes in 8. Plus, 100lb 4x10s are the most difficult thing to transport ever invented. Any of these other options would be more portable, even the 6x10 assuming it fits in your car.

6. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    that's basically what I was hoping to hear!:D
    I mean, not to knock the eden, I just hear they're not quite reliable among other things, but Dirk Lance for instance swore by them, so I figure why not give them a try and all that

7. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    For punchy and glassy, definitely try the 12"s too.

8. Vanni

Vanni

Sep 15, 2003
    Milan, Italy
  9. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Powerhouse cabs.

10. pickles

Mar 23, 2000