1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

mesa ph210 specs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by devin_bass, Apr 26, 2015.

1. devin_bass

devin_bass

Nov 1, 2012
    Hello folks. I'm looking at picking up a mesa ph210 cab. Does anyone here know how well the cab can handle the low end. I play in d standard. Also, does anyone know the frequency response of the cab by any chance?

2. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I don't think Mesa publishes specs for any of their cabs. I can tell you that the PH210 is one of the sweetest superb sounding cabs I have ever owned. It uses drivers with twice the power handling as their 410 cabs. The 210 is rated to handle 600 watts. I didn't keep it though because is a 70 pound cab that is very deep and I found it extremely awkward to carry. Plus it doesn't sit upright and seems to only come in the 8 ohm version so unless you are stacking it with another cab, it sits too low to the floor on its own. I wish Mesa could come up with a new version of the PH210 to make it a practical single cab as it really sounds amazing. Blew away their 410 for pure sweetness!

3. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    I've got a potential 450W going thru this rig, I've actually turned it up as high as 50% volume and it has BIG sound... more than the equivalent of 410 single cab.. Moreover, when I get together to jam with a drummer and guitarist, even just one cab does well.... I get as much low end as I want, or as much high end as I want... fully versatile. Bright and clean is I how I tend to play, but you can do the full gamut with these.... I give them 5 stars.

As for specs, it's using 2x400W Eminence custom made drivers with paper cone and ceramic magnets, and a horn tweeter that can be adjusted as you like. Its built to survive the apocalypse.

FullSizeRender-13.

4. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    ^^^ Bet you'd like it even more if it was a vertical 410. O.K., O.K, wouldn't look quite as purdy, but it would sound even better & allow you to hear even better :) . Have you ever tried it?

Downunderwonder likes this.
  5. 8 bucks worth of rubber feet would sort that sublimely.

iualum likes this.