Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Powehouse 1000 & B-15r

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Gsxtasy99, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm going off to berklee for school this fall and i need money and can't fit all my amps in my itty bitty dorm room. I've got a mesa boogie powerhouse 1000 that i must sell, it's in very good shape, nearly new, still has the tag on it. I also have a ampeg B-15R that i would consider selling if somebody wants it.

The mesa is a 4x10 and a 1x15 w/ a horn in one box, the ampeg is the reissue of the classic. I even put brand new JJ tubes in the ampeg so it sounds better than new. The tubes are about two weeks old. The ampeg has some minor scuffs and dings, the mesa is almost mint.

2. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The mesa is 1000 watts rms, and is bi-ampable.

I'm hoping to fetch about 900$ for the Mesa. I am willing to ship but would prefer local. Local would be either chicago area, or boston, as i live in chicago, but am going to be going to school in boston.

3. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    bump b/c i really do need to sell this stuff...

4. tracebass

tracebass

Feb 14, 2003
    OR, Eugene
    How much for the ampeg amp, if you still have it.

5. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i still have the mesa and the ampeg. The mesa is really almost new, it has the tags on it still. I will entertain trades. so long as what you trade me is smaller than either of these amps...

6. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    is this mesa cab the diesel, roadready or powerhouse version of the cab?

7. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The mesa is the new "powerhouse" cab. As for trades, my intention is to get a nice 5 string lakland. Either that or a smaller speaker cabinet.

The ampeg had a small accident before i left for college, the head and cab we seperated in my trunk (wrapped up in blankets), and i had to stop suddenly. The cab hit the amp and bent the chasis slightly, about 3mm. It still works and sounds great, but i'm willing to get it inspected by 3rd Coast Repair in Chicago, at my expense. I'd feel bad if i sold somebody an amp that wasn't 100% sound.

8. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    bumpity bump bump

9. If you still have that Mesa, I might be interested. However, there are some problems. I have never played a Mesa before, but have been looking to try one. Obviously I dont want to buy anything without trying it first. The other thing is money, I do have some... but not that much.

On the other hand, I do have a beautiful new eden combo that I love. Built into the 4x10 speaker enclosure is a Time Traveler Head (335 @ 4ohms I think). I am not really all that interested in getting rid of it. The thing is great, I absolutely love it, however, I kinda would like something alittle bigger. Thus I am posting this message. Perhaps a trade might work? If you are curious, please feel free to let me know, and I will get you some details.

Oh yeah, the thing is only about two months old, and I have played rather quiet on it since I have had it, turning it up only about once or twice.

10. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I haven't sold it yet, i am talking with someone about him buying it, but it's not sold yet.

The eden combo sounds intresting, how heavy is it?

11. PM sent...

12. The eden combo sounds intresting, how heavy is it? [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it weighs something like 85 pounds. It has two recessed handles on the sides and two wheels on the bottom in the rear so you can kick it back and roll it. There is a fold out handle on the top making it a little easier to wheel yourself. It is managable with one person, but obviously having two people makes it much easier, not necessary.

you can check it out at their website:
    eden-electronics.com just go to the 2003 catalog and what I have is the CXC410

Worth looking at... they also make a 2x12, 2x10 etc.

13. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Is the Ampeg B-15R still available? How much? How about shipping to 35205? Would you consider just selling the head by itself?

14. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I still have both the portaflex and the mesa. The portaflex is $1200. I can't sell the head seperate from the cab.

Shipping on the portaflex would cost a lot, i believe it's about 100 lbs. I'd would ship it if you don't mind the extra cost, but pickup is ideal.

i currently don't need any amps for trades, unless you have a 2x10 epifani cab. I am always interested in basses, though, expecialy the right fender or lakand.

15. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I do have a 75 Fender Jazz but it is worth alot more to me than $1200. Yeah shipping is going to be around $100 or so for that. Can you do $1000 and I pay shipping?