mesa powerhouse 1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by flury, Apr 14, 2005.

1. flury

May 21, 2004
    I might be picking up a mesa powerhouse 1000 cab. I was wondering how they perform. Id run my Hartke 7000 biamp as to send ~350watts to each side of the cab (if thats even possible, does it have two input jacks?). Then maybe add a Sansamp RBI and this would be gigging setup? Not bad?

Does anyone have pictures of an OLDER mesa powerhouse 1000? I cant find one.
  2. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I don't have my site up anymore, but Have the Deisel P1000.
    It is an excellent cab that has a real focused sound on stage aand out front. Surprising the 4-10s are deeper sounding than the 1-15. Mine is modded to seal off the 10s compartments so different amps are not a problem. I would be careful with yours as to balance the signal since yours will share the same cab space.
  3. If its the true Powerhouse 1000 cab it will look like the picture below, however i have seen ones with a pair of 210 cabs and a 115 cab in it and it looked very ugly haha. Hope its not that one haha.

4. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Tim: I don't get it? Two 2x10 cabs with a 15 in it? What is it? Got a pic of what your talking about?
  5. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    By the way, I might wanna add one of these to the 1516, anyone know what it's like in comparison to one? If I couldn't find a Diesel PH1000 would the newer series still go good with my diesel?

That's if I can't find a Diesel 215 of course ;)
  6. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    That's exactly what mine looks like (add a lot of mojo to it :D )

It's one of the best cab's I've ever heard/used, period.

I would love to find another one.

Somebody confirm/deny this for me...but the one like this is loaded with EV's isn't it??

From my understanding Mesa contracts out now and no longer uses the EV's correct? Any idea the model of the driver's used in the early edition PH1000? This can save me from having to open mine up if anybody knows.
  7. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    I used to run my Hartke 7000 into my PH1000, it sounds good running it full range, or one side to the 15 and one side to the 10''ll get more headroom that way, but I found quickly I couldn't get the volume I needed without getting unwanted distortion. Once I started using a dedicated poweramp, pushing at least 750 watts full range into the cab, you really start to appreciate the earth shaking potential the cab has.
  8. g04t

Aug 16, 2004
    Sunnyvale, CA
    So i know this thread is fairly old but I am thinking of upgrading from my Mesa 2x15 to the Powerhouse 1000.

I currently use a 400+ for my head with a sansamp prog. bddi, has anyone used this configuration? Is the 400+ enough to push this cab?
  9. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

Yes, Do It!!, The 4-10s go lower than the 15, but the 15 throws better into the room. Mine is modded to seal up the 10s compartments and leave the 15 ported.

I had a RR 2-15 and thought it sounded thin compared to the P1000.
  10. g04t

Aug 16, 2004
    Sunnyvale, CA
    I did it, traded in the 2x15 for a good price and picked up a new PH 1000. It sounds ****ing great, everything is much more even.

The only problem I have with it is that I cannot seem to get it to break up as much by playing heavier. I could just need to do some tweaking on the eq but now I'm curious as to how I would like an older PH 1000 vs. the newer ones.
  11. konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    My question is what you guys drive to carry a powerhouse 1000 back and forth between shows?
  12. bill7122

Feb 23, 2003
    Albany NY area
    The PH 1000 is one great cab, but like any big cab it is worth the weight, but a pain in the ass (hand, neck, back, whatever) to move. I have a little Tacoma with a cap & I can carry lotsa stuff. It's not as farty as the svt 8x10 with my low B-string.

I run my PH 1000 with a Crown CE1000 power amp. I bridge it to 1,100 watts at 4ohms. The signal from the bass (Lakland 55-02 Deluxe) goes to an aphex punch factory compressor and then into my BBE Max pre-amp, through a Beringer EQ and into the 1000. Gives me a nice clear, thick AND punchy tone.

I put the PH 1000 on a good hand truck with a couple of good bungees and go up and down stairs alone. I like it better w/o the casters. It just flips up into and out of my Toyota Tacoma on a piece of plywood.