Mesa Powerhouse 1000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Ok, i got it right this time. I was wondering, what do you guys think of the Mesa Powerhouse 1000 cab?
  2. I used one with a few different SWR heads during rehearsals (plus a few others in Guitar Center) and couldn't get a tone I liked out of it. It seemed to be a little thin and lacked warmth. It's a great concept but it didn't really work for me.

Maybe if I had a Bass 400+ I'd have a different opinion, but the SWR Goliath Sr. is about the same size and price range, and I like it much better.
  3. Does anyone actually know also how much this cab costs? I lost my sheet of prices.
  4. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I think I want one!!! Saw a used one for sale in Southern Cal. for $750, not sure what list is, probably easily twice that. The 4x10 in the Road Ready cab lists for $1150, I believe. Also, you can expect it to weigh a ton. My 4x10 Boogie cab is easily the heaviest I've ever picked up and I'm sure the 1000 is more.

But yeah, those MB cabs are very good, no question, especially with a 400+ powering 'em. Sweet!
  5. See, that's what i was thinkin, if i went with Mesa, i'd go Bass 400+ and Road Ready 1000 cab.
  6. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Hi All,
    Im new to the Talkbass forums so first, let me say hello to you all.
    Im running a Mesa 1516 road ready cab and an swr SM400s head. All I can say is you need to be strong to lift those cabs! If you have the money to spend on a cabinet that will outlive anything, then go with the MESA. I had a buddy that had one and along with the 400+, it was almost too loud. I must say, though, with the SWR head, it doesnt sound like it should. It seems like SWR doesnt have the low-end growl as the MESA's and others.
    I hope this helps and good luck!