Mesa powerhouse 1x12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scutterflux, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Has anybody tried it or a/b'd it to anything yet? is it loud? is it 2x10 loud or not quite? Are any 1x12's 2x10 loud? I've never a/b'd any to find out now I'm curious :eyebrow:

I like powerhouse tone, they remind me of my studio monitors. Anyway I was thinking of getting the local store to order one in. Should I? Should I do it? Hugh! ya think I should? It's smaller than my 1x15 or 2x10, lighter and I like 12's but the volume is a concern due to downgrading for apartment life. Have you seen the price of homes in Ont. My home from Sask. would sell for aprox. 1500% more. :eek: Seriously I'm not kidding! And so I must downgrade.
  2. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I was looking at them, but didn't get to try one out. I too, was looking at getting one ordered but was worried about returning it.

I'd be interested as well, if anyone can help.
  3. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    The best thing about the Mesa cabs is that they have the black "Rhino" covering instead of the stupid carpet that most cabs have. If I ever ran into the guy who thought of covering speaker cabinets with carpet, I would kick him in the B@LLS so hard they would come out his ears. My stinking cabinets are covered with hair and dirt and they smell like nicotine, sweat and urine (typical nightclub odors). Hopefully, someone will do a review on the Mesa 1x12 cabs soon. Meanwhile, I have to store my rotten stinking Eden cabs in the garage to prevent the stench from filling up the house. :meh:
  4. So eden cabs smell like whore pubes eh? :eek:
  5. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In

hahahaha :D ^^^^^^^

Actualy my peavey tnt 115 is covered in tolex. My only complaint about tolex is it rips fairly easily, and can come un glued faster than I carpting does.
  6. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Used to run A Mesa 4x10 and !x15 cabs. That heavy rubber covering they use can really take a beating. It's a lot heavier than tolex. The Mesa Powerhouse cabs I have used didn't sound to bad either. But who cares how they sound, I'd buy them anyway just because they don't have that stupid carpet on them. I'm probably going to go with a couple of the Mesa 1x12 cabs next year. First I have to unload my Eden cabs in the Talkbass classified forum. Which might be tough because now everybody knows how much they stink. Maybe this thread will be forgotten by then. Oh, wait a minute, I remember now. The ones I will be selling are the brand new ones that have never been gigged. Those nasty old stinking ones were destroyed in a flood. Yeah, that's it. ;)
  7. when I got my walkabout head I played it on a mesa 1x15 cab. I can say it was the nicest sounding 15 I ever heard. Played mid's as well as anyother 10 or 12 would. Just my shop exerience with it though.