Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Powerhouse 2x12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by karrot-x, Oct 2, 2005.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    So, I currently have a M-Pulse 600 and a Powerhouse 4x10. I want to add bass and punch to my rig, there's currently a 2x12 on ebay that I'm going crazy over. What are you guys' thought?

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I don't have one, but a good friend of mine just unloaded a twice-gigged Mesa neo 2X12. From what I heard in his studio, the cab sounded good (in my opinion, but I like 12s). He didn't like its tone at a distance (only when he was right up next to it) so he dumped it for a Berg NV425. My overall impression was that, like all Mesa cabs, it will sound good with other Mesa gear. I also have sneaking suspicion that he didn't condition the drivers and was disappointed with the sound of the stiff cones.

3. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Cool looking cabinet. I've been wondering about Mesa 12's but have a feeling they arent as good as their other cabinets. I havent heard many raves about it. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, I say go for it.

If you want to add some serious punch to your setup, I'd suggest a Goliath III. :bassist: