Mesa Powerhouse 2x12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by karrot-x, Oct 2, 2005.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    So, I currently have a M-Pulse 600 and a Powerhouse 4x10. I want to add bass and punch to my rig, there's currently a 2x12 on ebay that I'm going crazy over. What are you guys' thought?
  2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I don't have one, but a good friend of mine just unloaded a twice-gigged Mesa neo 2X12. From what I heard in his studio, the cab sounded good (in my opinion, but I like 12s). He didn't like its tone at a distance (only when he was right up next to it) so he dumped it for a Berg NV425. My overall impression was that, like all Mesa cabs, it will sound good with other Mesa gear. I also have sneaking suspicion that he didn't condition the drivers and was disappointed with the sound of the stiff cones.
  3. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Cool looking cabinet. I've been wondering about Mesa 12's but have a feeling they arent as good as their other cabinets. I havent heard many raves about it. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket, I say go for it.

If you want to add some serious punch to your setup, I'd suggest a Goliath III. :bassist: