Mesa Powerhouse 4x10 cabinet - used or seen?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BWB, Aug 16, 2001.

1. BWB

Aug 30, 2000
    Knoxville TN
    Anyone on here bought one of the new Mesa Engineering Powerhouse 4x10 cabinets? If so,
    what do you like or dislike about it, and what were you using to compare it to? What bass you playing through it and what amp? Thinking about buying one of these to use with a SWR Bass 350 head that I already own.

I saw Jesse Murphy playing an early 60's Precision with a GK400RB and one of these cabinets live earlier this year and the tone was FABULOUS.

Then, I visited my local Mesa dealer, tried the same combo (GK + Mesa Powerhouse + Precision) and
    thought it sounded really muddy. Now I wonder,
    was I crazy, was the amp at the store I used screwed up or just what the deal was. But before I spend 800 bucks on a bass cabinet a little user feedback might be nice.

2. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I used one with the M-Pulse 600 head and the Basis M-2000 head and it had good lows pleasant mids and nice highs. No mud. I was playing a Fender American Series Jazz with volume and tone controls all the way up. The heads were set for a slightly scooped mid sound. I thought it was great...