1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa Powerhouse dislikes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Robthebastard58, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Robthebastard58

Robthebastard58

Nov 21, 2015
    Someone replied to my original post seeking thoughts on MB Ph1000 that it's among theist hated cabs on TB and I was curious as to why? I'm not debating but more interested in why this cab provokes such strong emotions.

2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    Don't use the search bar on talkbass, use Google instead. Type this into the search engine and you will find what you are looking for: "mesa powerhouse 1000 talkbass".

Any bass related item with talkbass throw on the end of it is a good way to find TB threads and specific information you desire.

GregC and Robthebastard58 like this.
  3. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    The PH1000 didnt sound bad at all to me. The first time I plugged into one I had only owned/used 'peg cabs up until then and thought the PH blew both of my 'peg cabs away, toltex and all.

The haters are mainly anal retenters who get irritation from the idea of mixed drivers. That and also the other PH cabs are some of the best cabs around. The PH1000 might disobey certain laws of TB or science but I thought it sounded fine in the room.

Robthebastard58 likes this.
  4. _Some Dude

_Some Dude

Sep 14, 2016
    If possible, go try them for yourself. I wanted to like the PH1000, but after A/Bing it against the 4x10 and 1x15 I realized I preferred the 410 or 115 to the 1000. More clarity, punch and articulation.

5. DanScott

DanScott

Nov 28, 2007
    Kent, wa
    I love mine, use it all the time..

6. Mesa's other big cabs sound awesome. The PH100/1200 is in my opinion the worst choice tonally out of all the big cabs. Add in the fatal flaw of the 15 blowing, and there are better choices. For the the 215, 810, or 412 are the way to go from that line.