Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Powerhouse Speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pateldin, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Pateldin

Pateldin

Feb 10, 2004
    I'm planning to get Mesa 1X15 and 2x10 cabinets with a WalkAbout amp.
    I'm deadly looking for their respective dimensions and weight.
    What do you think about the above combination ?
    Thank for helping.
    Pat

2. I'm not 100% certain, but:

2x10 is 23"w x 12"h x 18"d and about 40 lbs.
    1x15 is 23"w x 17"h x 18"d and about 35 lbs.

Both have the same width and depth, but different height. They are both really compact, solid built cabinets. It's a good combination, depending on the type of music you play it might not be. For reggae, etc. not enough bass...for metal, etc. not enough punch.

3. Are you any where near Chicago? I've got a Mesa 1x15 with an EV speaker. It's in perfect condition, new like. $300.00

4. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I just picked up both cabs a few weeks ago and used them at a gig last week with my SM-500 and Sterling. I really liked the sound! Plus, they were easy to lug around. I got mine used, but GC is currently discounting their stocks of powerhouse cabs to make room for the next generation.

5. I have a Mesa Powerhouse 1x15, and it's by all means not "compact". Maybe by height, by by depth it's a good 2 inches more than the Diesel series. I know because I just packed up and sent my Diesel 2x10 out today. But, it's a great cabinet and a great setup. I just tried out some Aggy gear and was sold after about 5 minutes. 12"'s are just incredible, I've come to find out. But yeah, I'd go with that setup any day. Highly recommend Mesa cabs and heads. It's what I play.