Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Prices

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MrFortuneCookie, Jul 6, 2001.

1. does anyone know the list prices for the mesa cabs and heads?

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
  3. yeah, i personally couldn't find it there. So if somebody knows the prices, or maybe you found them on the site and could give me the link, i'd appreciate it. Thanks.

4. Nightbass

Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    One option is to go to a dealer like Guitar Center and ask for a copy of the complete price list. They have boxes of them to give away.

Nightbass

5. Guitar Center doesn't carry Mesa. Maybe they do elsewhere besides St. Louis but I assume they're all the same. List prices are meaningless though. Call around and find a Mesa dealer then ask them for their prices I guess would be the best thing to do.

6. with mesa and peavey, list prices are not useless© Mesa makes their dealers sell almost exact to list© they make msrp the actul selling price© So©©© fender pricelists are useless© Mesa pricelists are VERY useful©

7. exactly, that's why i need the mesa list. I had called a place and they said mesa sets the prices.

8. I just found that out today. A couple friends and I were looking at Mesa guitar stuff today and were informed that there's not much competition for pricing with them. Guitar Center even contacted Mesa for a USED recto cab to see how low they could go.
    We were at a local store here and my friend picked up a pricelist that was in the showroom. I would suggest asking for one at a local store, even if they aren't a Mesa dealer they can probably get one for you.
    My cousin is a sound tech/band manager and he can get both Mesa and Ampeg at dealer cost, so now I know where I'll be getting stuff. :)

9. you wanna hook a fellow talkbasser up with some dealer cost mesa gear?

10. :D I think it might be suspicious if their band starts buying many, many bass amps for their ONE bass player. The Mesa endorsement is through the guitar player though, not the bassist.

Besides, I can't get in touch with him right now. I have to find his cell number because he's always on the road anyways before I contact him for my Ampeg cab.

:) :)

11. oh see, you didn't explain that it was through an endorsement, i guess i'll just go with the fender cabs.

12. Well, can he hook me up with a Dual Rectifier? ;)

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've also found that Mesa dealers won't move much on price. Also, I think Mesa is overpriced. They don't have that great of a reputation for bass gear, and you can buy Eden equipment for similar money. I sure wouldn't buy a Mesa bass amp on the basis of their guitar amps' reputation. Same with Marshall.

14. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    We're mostly in agreement 'round here, Munji, 'specially on all things Eden. Gotta dissent a bit here, however. The Boogie 400+ is an awesome amp and well worth every cent of the $1299.99 list (or whatever it currently is). I'm an Eden man (WT400 & WT800) and I also run a vintage '70 SVT and an SWR Bass 750 on occasion but nothing bests the 400+. It's the real deal. Not sure what you mean about Mesa's rep on bass gear but once you've owned a 400+ (can't talk about the M2000, etc.), you'll know what the fuss is about. Yeah, they're heavy at about 80 pounds and they cost a fortune to re-tube. But that tone! Oh, man...

15. Exactly, i really like the sound of the cabs and the 400+. But i do agree with you onthe marshall thing. I've never even considered getting marshall. But good things comin from me though on the mesa gear. Also, dealers can't do things with the prices on mesa gear, mesa won't let them