SOLD Mesa Prodigy Four:88 (Price drop)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by atauntaun, Jan 12, 2020.

1. atauntaun

atauntaun Gold Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Alameda, CA
    Price:
    $1025
    Price includes shipping in Conus. $1100 $1025

Trade interest:
    -Sandberg California TM + Cash from me.
    -Lakeland 44-02 + Cash from you.
    -Something similar to these basses.

Purchased in 2017 here on talkbass from grimmchaos. Used it for a dozen practices and a handful of shows. Project ended and I haven't used more than a few times in the last two years.

There is a signature and date written under the case, based on that I believe this is from 3/14/14. Does not have the pull gain knob. Cosmetically very clean, with a few light marks on the case. See picture of the top of the case(these can't be seen from the front). Fired it up tonight and it sounds great. Have orignal box and Mesa cover. Not sure where the manual is, but I will keep looking.

Thanks for looking!

tDgH4xpl.jpg
    0f5fag1l.jpg
    7ve4b13l.jpg
    THpZPCEl.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Kevnn4 and nbsipics like this.
  2. CryingBass

CryingBass Just a Fool Whose Intentions are Good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    If you can afford-to, get the NV115 first. Then play that amp through it. You might end up keeping it!
    ( 8:88 into 2 X NV115's myself )

atauntaun and scowboy like this.
  3. atauntaun

atauntaun Gold Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Alameda, CA
    Thanks for the advice. I actually purchased one last night along with a Forte HP. It did indeed sound good! Reminded me a bit of my old NV610 and M6 Carbine setup. If no bites, I’m fine keeping it, just seems a shame for it to live stored away in its cover until I get the urge to use it again. Don’t gig enough to justify variety, backups, etc. Now I Just need a second NV115 to complete the stack.

Bogun likes this.
  4. CryingBass

Apr 8, 2016
    Exactly! on that dream stack ( for me anyway ). And I don't gig anymore so size/weight doesn't matter :)

I am sure you know that Mesa is not making the Prodigy's or Strategy's anymore if I am not mistaken?

Good luck with your quest and congrats on that NV115.

5. CryingBass

Apr 8, 2016
    I will repeat what I have said before about the NV115's - no tweeter and that's fine with me, don't need one.
    But when you stack 2 NV115's, you get 2 6"? midranges, and that makes up for any lack of tweeter in my world.

Big String likes this.
  6. PM sent