Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa rig pics, finally

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, May 1, 2004.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I always keep forgetting to take a camera out to the studio, but for the past few days I've had to store my amps at work to prepare for a gig tonight. It's outdoors, with a less than stellar PA set-up, so I get to take my Mesa rig out on a gig for the first time! Yay! Just thought I'd throw some pics of it up since I don't think I ever have.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    X-Wire. Bastard.

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Man, those look like they totally suck. You may very well have the worst rig on TB. ;)

I've got an XWire, too. Put me in the bastard club.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Done, you bastard.

(Wants X-Wire summtin fierce)

5. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Wow! Nice rig man, that's gotta be LOUD! :hyper:

6. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Thanks, SMASH. Your comments are definitely among the most welcome around here. That's actually the GK-2B pickup and controller for the VBass. I have it taped on my Jazz right now, with the lead from the pickup looping around the bridge to the controller.

7. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Sweet. :smug:

8. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    and an X-wire is?????

9. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    hehe..I thought you'd like these pics, Benjamin...I've got some more I want to send you when I get a chance. And Brendan - just think...when I use the XWire, my VBass just has to sit there all lonesome and unused. When I use the VBass, the XWire sits there all alone. Either way, one's not gettin use! :D

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I swear, I'ma come down to Alabama...

11. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    you know, i thought the same thing...

12. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Me too. :spit:

13. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    A wireless unit. It's the 2-space thingy right in the middle, and probably the best investment I've ever made in the music realm. Between the extra tips I've made at gigs because of it, and the money a few friends have kicked back after using it to win a few battle of the bands, it's almost payed for itself! :eek:
    I would like to apologize right now for the POD sitting on top. Until I can find an SVP-CL, Ashdown RPM-1, or in the unlikely event that I'll afford an Aggie or Triaxis pre, I'm using that as a pre with my passive basses. :bawl: Hopefully it will only be for about two more months, though.

14. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... where's my violin playing smiley?

I will second that on the XWire. Great, great, great wireless unit. They're pretty hard to find, and fetch big bucks when you do.

Those powerhouse cabs are pretty hard to find, too. If anybody finds one in a RR version let me know.

SoCom - let us know how the rig works out for the outdoor gig. I demand a full report.

15. mmmmmmmmmmmm, Mesa.....

I tried a mesa m-pulse venture 2x10 combo today, and wow, it was nice, but those cabs look rather rather sweet, a mesa powerhouse 1000 and bass 400+ head are on my wish list, that's keep me happy :D

heath

16. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    hmmm... x wire wireless... do they really not color the sound? And how much are they right now? I might be in the market for a wireless at some point...

17. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    They don't color the sound in anyway. They are fantastic. Some studios use them because they sound better than cables. Really.

Good luck finding one. They are rare and usually run around $700-$1000 used.

18. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Interesting. How do they work? Is it a lavalier system?

19. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    The sound quality was the first thing I noticed when I got it. It really does sound better than any cables I've used. I've noticed improved clarity on all my basses, and heard subtleties in tone that were getting lost before. On some basses this was a good thing, but on some it's been a bad thing. :(

20. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    A lavalier is a small mic that attatches to your shirt.

This is basically a transmitter box you plug your bass into, which digitally encodes the signal and sends it to the reciever, which plugs into your amp.