1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa Scout Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Phil-osopher10, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Hello all! I've recently acquired a scout 112 extension cab to go with my Walkabout head, effectively making it the combo. I use a 5 string Warwick thumb and I can't seem to get it to give me that warmth all over the strings. Don't get me wrong you certainly can hear the bass! It just seems to go from bassy on the E strings to tinny on the G string. Is there anyway to Even it out? I hope you understand what I mean, articulation is not a strong point of mine! haha

2. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    Try cutting treble at around 2K, boosting low mids around 200 and possibly cutting bass around 40 or 50Hz.

3. I will see what what does for me! Also I downloaded the manual from Mesa website and on there recommended page for settings the passive mids are different to mine? for instance the third frequency says 2K on the manual and mine it say 6.6k? Have I bought a fake? haha

4. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    The eq points have differed slightly on the Walkabout over the years. Also realize the passive mid know is closest to flat at around 10 o'clock, rather than 12.

5. Lomo! Thanks so much! I set everything to flat mids at 10 and rolled off a slight bit around the 2K and the treble sounds Delish!