Mesa Strategy 400..... Sell???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I just got this amp I bought on ebay, but I really don't have a use for it. I guess I thought it would be cool to play into a power amp without a preamp, but I realize that It is better for a stereo application. Should I sell it, or keep it???

2. Keep it!! I regret anything I sold that was made by Mesa. And you can always use for heating, when it gets cold.

3. Rockbobmel

I hooked it up to my home stereo and it sounded great. I already have an Arcam P-25 (125 WPC) that is hard to beat. What the #E!! am I supposed to do with it???

4. Rockbobmel

How much should I sell it for?

5. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    if you're interested in trading it for a Mackie stereo power amp...PM me.

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    This is something I've been thinking about very hard as well. I've got one that I'm just not using, and even though it's the best power amp I have ever heard, ultimately it's just collecting dust. I'm thinking this about alot of my Mesa gear. Hmm.

Are you only running one cab? I use it with two to get both sides pumping. And yes, it's awesome in home stereos as well.

7. Rockbobmel

Ben, I am running i into my P1000 (older) with the separate 15 and 10s jacks.

8. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    And it's not loud enough?

9. Rockbobmel

Naw, My 400+ will RIP YOUR FACE OFF!!. This Strategy is a lot more tame.

10. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    True, it is the most tame of the bunch, but it's got such a sweet musicality that I dig. It will probably end up on the chopping block for me though; the Strat 500 is doing a fine job with one less rack space!