Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa Strategy 400..... Sell???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockbobmel, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Rockbobmel

Rockbobmel Supporting Member

I just got this amp I bought on ebay, but I really don't have a use for it. I guess I thought it would be cool to play into a power amp without a preamp, but I realize that It is better for a stereo application. Should I sell it, or keep it???

2. Keep it!! I regret anything I sold that was made by Mesa. And you can always use for heating, when it gets cold.

3. Rockbobmel

I hooked it up to my home stereo and it sounded great. I already have an Arcam P-25 (125 WPC) that is hard to beat. What the #E!! am I supposed to do with it???

4. Rockbobmel

How much should I sell it for?

5. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
    if you're interested in trading it for a Mackie stereo power amp...PM me.

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    This is something I've been thinking about very hard as well. I've got one that I'm just not using, and even though it's the best power amp I have ever heard, ultimately it's just collecting dust. I'm thinking this about alot of my Mesa gear. Hmm.

Are you only running one cab? I use it with two to get both sides pumping. And yes, it's awesome in home stereos as well.

7. Rockbobmel

Ben, I am running i into my P1000 (older) with the separate 15 and 10s jacks.

8. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
  9. Rockbobmel

Naw, My 400+ will RIP YOUR FACE OFF!!. This Strategy is a lot more tame.

10. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    True, it is the most tame of the bunch, but it's got such a sweet musicality that I dig. It will probably end up on the chopping block for me though; the Strat 500 is doing a fine job with one less rack space!