Mesa Subway 800 or GK MB fusion 800?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Paulabass, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    I almost went with the RB1001 but since I already had the 400 I went MB800 Fusion
    After thinking about this, I can't remember a GK or Mesa that didn't sound great!
    So great to have so many choices these days be it 85 lbs or 5.

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Great purchase! :thumbsup: I hope it serves you well.

I gigged with a GK RB1001 for years. I think it was my favorite out of all the amps that I’ve owned.

Another example of Try-Before-You-Buy. Reading reviews and YouTube videos are no substitute. :bassist:

dukeorock, tombowlus and Al Kraft like this.
  3. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    Ha, I love it! Not because I'm a 1001RB fan, or because I have anything against the newer crop of technology (nothing could be further from the truth) - I'm just happy that there are others that still find those old RBs as exciting as I do, even amidst all of this other excellent new gear. Makes me smile. :)

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021