1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa Subway Cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Top 40, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Top 40

Top 40

Feb 28, 2016
    Hello Everybody!

I'm new to TalkBass though I've combed through many reviews and discussions (mainly amps and cabs)...Thanks for offering so much information.

I've been considering a new amp (Tonehammer 350) to replace my GK 800RB and I'm considering
    going all out with new cabs too. I'd like to go modular and have been checking out the Mesa's. I'd be replacing an Avatar Neo 2x12, so two 1x12's or 1x12 & 1x15....Hmmmmmm?

Has anyone tried the Aguilar TH and Mesa cabs?

GregC likes this.
  2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Plenty of people here have tried - and are currently using - both the Aguilar Tonehammer amp heads and the Mesa Boogie cabinets, the new Neo models as well as the pre-existing Powerhouse, Vintage Powerhouse and Scout cabs.

Search the forum...

MM

3. Top 40

Top 40

Feb 28, 2016
    Yes, I have searched the forums; haven't found anyone using a Tonehammer Amp with a new Mesa Subway Cab.

4. Have you found many reviews on the Subway cabs? They are really fresh in the market, not even a year old yet?

Don't let your 800RB get away, most that have regret it within a short amount of time and they are no longer in production.

5. Top 40

Top 40

Feb 28, 2016

I was scrolling through the thread of the Subway amp and cabs. Players using the new cabs are also playing through the new amp as well. Didn't notice that anyone tried a different amp with those cabs. I just ordered a Tonehammer 350 and will be playing it through my Avatar 2x12 until I find some new cabinets.
    I won't be selling off the GK because that amp is a work horse. The Aguilar is my third go around for a new amp / different sound. Played through a Carvin
    B2000 (too much power) and a Carvin BX 250 (Ehhh...liked the lightweight though).
    I've read many good reviews of the Tonehammer(s) on TB so I'm excited to put it to the test.