SOLD Mesa Subway DI & Preamp - Mint/As New in Box

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by benjobass, Jan 25, 2021.

1. benjobass

benjobass Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC Area
    Price:
    United States
    Have the big brother so this is unused. Price includes insured shipping in the lower US 48. Full specs from Mesa if you so require.

Not looking for trades at this time. Thanks for checking it out.

Pics
    MESA Subway DI - 1.jpg MESA Subway DI - 2.jpg MESA Subway DI - 3.jpg MESA Subway DI - 4.jpg MESA Subway DI - 5.jpg MESA Subway DI - 6.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    SlowpokeJoe and the baint like this.
  2. the baint

the baint

Jan 1, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Techtronic Industries, North America employee. Opinions are my own.
    How do these do with warmer, thumpy sounds, vs hi-fi modern? Do you use your Subway+ for IEM / silent stage?

3. benjobass

benjobass Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC Area
    Not sure what you mean by "do with" but my overall sound is darker in nature and this sounds great. Warm/hefty w/o sounding muddy or for lack of clarity. The controls are super simple but provide a wealth of flexibility. I don't do IEM but can imagine it would sound great.

the baint likes this.
  4. the baint

the baint

Jan 1, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Techtronic Industries, North America employee. Opinions are my own.
    Nice! I mostly hear demo players doing hifi scoop and wondered if the D800 could do more of what you just described. This is on my radar, but I'm not in a buying market just yet. GLWTS though!

benjobass likes this.
  5. Killens84

Killens84 Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Mississippi
    I love this DI in post-EQ mode, with all EQ knobs set at noon, and the voicing knob around 9:00-10:00. Fantastic tone!!!

benjobass likes this.
  6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    This is the box that made me purchase a D-800, then a D-800+. The voicing control is the key to warm and thumpy. It can get downright Amepg'ish with a little work.

the baint and benjobass like this.
  7. Rojd

Rojd Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Rocky Mountains
    I don't really need it, but I'm sure it would sound great on my board. GLWTS!

benjobass likes this.
  8. Message sent

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021