1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa Subway vs Euphonic Doubler II vs Bergantino Forte vs AI Clarus 4plus comparison

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by roccobass, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Ok.

Looking to buy a Class D or small, but punchy bass head.

This may be a bit of a stretch and overblown, but it beats trying to keep PMing everybody just to nickel and dime all of you guys whenever I have a question. (which I had been doing for about 6-8 weeks) Have a TC 112 AF incoming. No prob the cabinet will perform for me, but wanted to fine tune things with picking the right amp.

Narrowed it down to 4 choices on which would be the best match for it:

Mesa Subway
    Euphonic Doubler II
    Bergantino Forte
    AI Clarus 4plus

Thought I'd pose my inquiry to the denizens of the deep on which might be more applicable. Any opinions? Anybody care? Each amp has it's own strengths. (i.e.: AI and Eupohonic have two channels, but the Mesa and Berg have more power, etc) I also play upright as well as electric fretted and fretless. Styles include Jazz, rock, funk.

Thanks guys and have a Happy New Year.