Mesa V-Twin for a preamp???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by XPshychoticXPyr, Jun 6, 2004.

1. I did a search and only found one post and didnt do me any justice. So does anyone know if useing this guitar preamp would work for a bassist needs. There is a guy who lives in my town who is a collector and is selling everything he has heres his ad.

"COLLECTOR Liquidation!! Tons of LesPauls, PRS, EVH Enrie Ball's, Axis, Ibanez, all "10" tops, Mesa, Randall, Marshall, Ampeg stacks & 1/2stacks, PA w/speakers, road cases, pedals, too much to list!"

Says he has a garage sized lot of things some new some used etc... I have to go see the lot in a few days but this is one item ive been meaning to question for a while now. Ill fill yall in with some pics of the lot later when i do go.

2. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i knwo ben shepherd used a v-twin during the later years of soundgarden. it was before his amp so my guess is that it was that he used it as a preamp. he couldnt say enough good things about it. so i suppose its a worthy deal.
  3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've used for certain things. I think it works really well for certain things. It's got a little bump in the upper midrange, but overall it's a good pedal for recording. If I didn't use my BassTriaxis most of the time, the VTwin would be my next choice.
  4. Right on i goto the guys house tomorrow to find out price and see what he has willd update then.