1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa V-Twin for a preamp???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by XPshychoticXPyr, Jun 6, 2004.

1. I did a search and only found one post and didnt do me any justice. So does anyone know if useing this guitar preamp would work for a bassist needs. There is a guy who lives in my town who is a collector and is selling everything he has heres his ad.

"COLLECTOR Liquidation!! Tons of LesPauls, PRS, EVH Enrie Ball's, Axis, Ibanez, all "10" tops, Mesa, Randall, Marshall, Ampeg stacks & 1/2stacks, PA w/speakers, road cases, pedals, too much to list!"

Says he has a garage sized lot of things some new some used etc... I have to go see the lot in a few days but this is one item ive been meaning to question for a while now. Ill fill yall in with some pics of the lot later when i do go.

-Vince

2. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i knwo ben shepherd used a v-twin during the later years of soundgarden. it was before his amp so my guess is that it was that he used it as a preamp. he couldnt say enough good things about it. so i suppose its a worthy deal.

3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I've used for certain things. I think it works really well for certain things. It's got a little bump in the upper midrange, but overall it's a good pedal for recording. If I didn't use my BassTriaxis most of the time, the VTwin would be my next choice.

4. Right on i goto the guys house tomorrow to find out price and see what he has willd update then.

-Vince