1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa Venture 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by billystagger, Apr 23, 2010.

1. billystagger

billystagger

Nov 14, 2008
    philly
    I have an M-pulse Venture 2x10 combo and one of the speakers recently blew. I took the head out and put it through my ampeg pro 410 cab and it sounded great. From what i understand, this amp cant push two cabinets unless its wired for 8 ohms. But if im not using the original speakers does it matter? could i use two cabs if im just using the head? and How can i make it 8 ohms would i have to change the speakers or something internally with the amp?
    thanks.

2. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    I have the M-pulse head. It is rated for a minimum of 4 ohm loads (8 is OK, but performance will be less than at 4). It's my understanding the heads installed in the Venture combos are the exact same as mine.

From what I understand having talked to sales people and from reading the Venture specs on the Mesa site, the Venture can be delivered loaded with two speaker configurations: (1) 2 8 ohm speakers yielding a 4 ohm load (ideal for the amp, but can only be used alone without additional cabinets to avoid overloading the amp) or (2) 2 16 ohm speakers that yield an 8 ohm load and will allow the addition of a second, 8 ohm cabinet. Since you are not using the speakers in the combo, you should be able to use one separate 4 or 8 ohm cabinet or two 8 ohm cabinets and be safe.

Another option might be (since you may be ordering a replacement 10" speaker from Mesa) to order two 16 ohm 10"s so your combo changes from a 4 ohm to 8 ohm cab and could now take a second cabinet. The potential problem (more of an unanswered question) is whether changing the impedance of the 10" speakers in the combo would require a different crossover for your tweeter. You'd definitely want to talk the change through with Mesa's service people.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 to ALL that^.