1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

mesa walkabout 12" cabinet (sf bay area)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by johnbee, Dec 19, 2011.

1. johnbee

johnbee Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout Cabinet. This is the 1x12 version. This is just the cabinet, without the head, but I will consider selling the head too (see below...)

Includes a Mesa cover, and the detachable wheelie cart. (Factory installed! I drove over to Mesa headquarters to buy the cart, and they installed it for me, right there on the spot, for free. Those guys are awesome! :) )

Condition is good: some scuffs in the leatherette, but everything is in perfect working order.

$200 for local pickup. I am in the SF area.

NOTE: I also have the head! I was planning to keep it, but if someone really wants the combo, I will consider selling it. It is a silverface w/black lettering, and I had Mesa upgrade it with to current spec (active/passive toggle w/single input, quieter fan, ground lift and effects bypass switches on the back). $750 for both head and cab.

Attached Files:

2. johnbee

Jul 15, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Some more pics showing the detachable wheelie thingie...

Attached Files:

3. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    the big question with these,always....is the cabinet 4 or 8 ohms?

4. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I would be looking for the head only if someone wanted the cab. But the head would need to be shipped up to Portland since I really don't know anyone in the SF area.

5. johnbee

Jul 15, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    In regards to the ohms question ...

This is the combo version (slot on top for the head), not the extension cab, so I *think* that would be 4 ohm.

But I don't know for sure. How can I tell? It doesn't say on the back.

6. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I am interested in the cab and am in the SF Bay area, but I would not be able to do anything about this until late next week.

I'm pretty sure the WA Combo cab comes std as 4ohms, but can be ordered as 8 ohms. So, if yours is a std cab/combo its probably 4ohms.

7. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

PM'ed.

8. johnbee

Jul 15, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Still available.

New price for local sale of cab: $280

New price for local sale of cab and head together: $750

Head is not currently offered by itself. I am on the fence about selling it because it sounds so good with my new Aguilar SL112.

9. johnbee

Jul 15, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Okay, I want to move this cab. New price: $200 for local pickup. That is a steal. Come and get it. :D

10. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

I will take it. PM'ed

11. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech Republic
    best 1x12" (for me) :)

12. johnbee

Jul 15, 2009
    SF Bay Area