SOLD Mesa Walkabout black face plate

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mikeswals, Jan 20, 2018.

1. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Price:
    I have a black Walkabout face plate. Just had my amp overhauled at the factory and purchased a new face since it was there.
    Its in decent condition, but the plus is all the lettering is in perfect shape with no flaking. I zoomed in the top corners that have dings, and some finish along the bottom edge.
    Might make a good piece for amp who's lettering is all flaked off, or upgrade an old beat up silver unit.
    60 shipped in US.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  2. Calexia13

Calexia13

May 22, 2007
    Caca de kick, my mesa brother, I will take the plate if its still available. Send me payment info.

3. Calexia13

Calexia13

May 22, 2007
    Will this retrofit on an old silver unit? I notice the potentiometrrs are a bit sunken on the blackface amps to accomodate the new black knobs they went with. Does this need tobe soldered or do the old potentiometers just snap into position?

4. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Hi,
    the only solder job you need to do is for the light. just two wires. Because you have to unscrew the lamp body for the light to remove and install the plate.
    all the switches and tone knobs stay on the body of the Walkabout and the plate slides off over everything.
    you have the two small phillips screws at the bottom, and the two handles. Very easy as long as you have a long allen tool and a soldering iron.

-Mike