Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MESA Walkabout Exc+++ with updates

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jefframm, Aug 28, 2004.

1. jefframm

jefframm Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Atlanta
    For sale is my MESA Walkabout, which was purchased new in June of 2003. I am the second owner and have had it since Dec 2003.

It has recently been serviced by MESA at their CA. facilities and the "jacks upgrade" and engineering change for the "high frequency oscillation" problem that MESA just announced have been installed in July 2004. (You can read about their change here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138881&highlight=Walkabout ).

This Walkabout is in Exc+++ condition. The only mark that is visible is a nick in the black finisih on the top of the amp at the back edge. It's about the size of a pencil lead. The faceplate is completely clean. This Walkabout has the 5 year MESA warranty, with a little less than 4 years of warranty remaining, and the warranty can be transferred to you by MESA.

Includes all original documents, including the original bill of sale from the original buyer, the hang tags from MESA, and the gig bag. There is one small tear on the interior of the bag. Very minor.

I've really enjoyed this head, and have used it to power 1 or 2 Berg HT 112's very successfully.

Asking price is $550 + UPS ground insured shipping. I prefer PayPal (at my expense) but can also take money orders or cashiers checks.

Pictures available via email. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Thanks, Jeff

jefframm AT comcast DOT net

2. Sharp

Sharp

Jan 27, 2002
    Oakland
    Artists Relations, KMI
    PM sent

3. jefframm

Dec 2, 2003
    Atlanta
    Tom,

I sent email in reply to your PM.

jeff

4. goat1234

goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Virgnia
    How does this sound with the bergs? I really like the tone of this amp with the mesa i tried it with, and im sure it would rock with the bergs.

5. jefframm

Dec 2, 2003
    Atlanta
    I've really enjoyed the Walkabout with the Bergs. I had previously been using an SWR Super Redhead and the MESA is a much warmer sound but has enough "fidelity" for me. I didn't realize how "strident" the SWR sounded until I started using the MESA. SWR's are awesome, but as I played the MESA more I liked it miuch better.

The Bergs are just awesome with whatever you put behind them. I ran an Eden Navigator + QSC PLX 1602 for awhile with the Bergs and for the volume I needed the Walkabout held it's own quite well.

My church group is now 100% "DI" with a system called "Hearback" for personal monitor mixes. (No wedges at all on the stage). I was using the Walkabout and a single Berg for that gig, (as a monitor basically) and have decided to move the amp to fund another bass.

Hope that answered your question....

6. goat1234

goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Virgnia
    sounds nice, i wonder how it would sound with a crest ca-6 as the power amp. Im looking for a nice warm tone, not TOO deep, but good tone, thats BIG. I dont really like SWR that much. I really want a kern, but theyre too rare. So i am looking at demeter pres, or possible a mesa to use as a pre

7. Pm sent

8. jefframm

Dec 2, 2003
    Atlanta
    My personal opinion is that using an integrated amp as a "pre" is sort of overkill, but that's just me. The other pre you might want to look at is the Aguilar single rack space (can't remember the number). I think it has the type of tone you're describing.

Jeff

9. jefframm

Dec 2, 2003
    Atlanta
    Unit is "on hold" by a buyer. If that deals falls through I will repost the sale.

Thanks!
    jeff

10. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Aguilar DB659

11. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    SOLD? :)

12. jefframm

Dec 2, 2003
    Atlanta
    Yes, the unit is sold. Just haven't had a chance to update here. Thanks for the push!

jeff